Chapter Five

The newly weds walked out of the venue walking hand in hand while the bridal train and the groom's men followed behind.

The guests were instructed to move to the second side of the venue for reception which was the Walter's residence living room. The living room was beautifully decorated with lights and lots of flowers.

Two chairs were in front for the bride and groom while the remaining chairs were arranged around a rough table.

The MC tested the microphone 1,2 before speaking into the microphone.

"Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen. May I have your attention please. We are about to begin the Reception so please find a seat and make yourself comfortable.

Let us begin this celebration with a prayer. Let us all stand, bow down our heads and put ourselves in the presence of God. In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen." The MC said before inviting one of the guests to the stage for opening prayer.

The guest who was one of Vera's co workers came on stage whilst the MC handed over the microphone.

She bowed her head in prayer before saying

"Heavenly Father,Love has been your richest and greatest gift to this world.

Love between a man and a woman which matures into marriage."

"Today, we celebrate that love.

Lord for the joy of this occasion, we thank You.
For Your presence here and now and at all times, we thank You."

"Protect, guide, and bless Joe and Vera and everyone present here.
Surround us with Your love now and always.
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."  She prayed

"Amen." Everyone responded before the co worker handed the phone back to the MC.

The MC collected the microphone with a smile before speaking again.

"A very good afternoon to everyone and welcome to Joe and Vera's wedding reception. We are done with the solemn part of the celebration and we thank those people who were with us earlier at the wedding ceremony.  For those who just joined in, Welcome! And so, here we for the most exciting part reception for our newlyweds in celebration of the beginning of their new life together. So sit down, relax and enjoy the rest of the evening." The MC said with a bright smile before he continued.

"I am Mr. Richard Anderson, also the Best Man and the younger brother of the groom. I had been given the task by the bride herself to be your emcee for tonight. We thank you all for gracing this joyful occasion especially to those who took a leave of absence from work or from school and to those who have traveled many miles just to be with us. On behalf of Joe and Vera and their parents, I would like to express their heartfelt gratitude for your presence at this memorable occasion. It is indeed a pleasure to have you all." Richard said while everyone applauded in acknowledgement.

They proceeded with the programme by saying.

"Before anything else, we would like to acknowledge the key persons who took a great part of this joyous affair. For without their support, this event would not be made possible. Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pleasure to introduce to you the family members of the Bride, Mrs Joanna Wendell and her kids, Natalie, Luciana and Jeremy Wendell. A big round of applause please."

"Mrs. Wendell is a Neurologist and obviously her kids are still very much young which means they are all in school." Everyone erupted in laughter after hearing this. Richard allowed the noise to reduce before he continued

"They just arrived from Toronto, Canada two days ago. Sir, Madam, welcome back to United kingdom." Richard said while Joanna and her kids bowed their heads slightly in acknowledgement.

Richard turned to face Joe's parents before saying,

"And of course, we are truly happy to have here with us the Parents of the Groom, Friends, let us give a big hand to Dr.Joe Anderson and Mrs. Cecilia  Anderson. Both Mr. and Mrs Anderson are the owner of Anderson holdings Sir, Madam, thank you so much for your support." Richard said while his parents waved slightly in acknowledgement.

Richard continued by saying,

"We would also like to acknowledge our Principal Sponsors. Let’s start off with the ladies. Please make a stand as your name is called." Richard took his time to look at the paper he was holding before proceeding.

"Our first lady sponsor is a woman with a healing touch. She's psychiatrist at Crescent golden hospital and wife of Nigeria petroleum minister, Mr. Ademide Cocker and she's also the childhood best friend of the bride and they've been friends for almost fifty years. Friends, please welcome Dr Tatiana Cocker." Richard said while everyone clapped their hands in admiration.

"Thank you Madam for gracing this occasion." Richard said causing Tatiana to stand while waving with a bright smile before sitting back down before Richard proceeded.

"Our next principal sponsors are Bella and her friends, Alexia, Nadia, Lilian and Bianca. Thank you all for gracing the event and making this day a memorable one for the couple." Richard said while Bella and her friends stood up in acknowledgement before sitting down.

Richard continued with the event by saying.

"And that’s it for the ladies now we go over to the gentlemen. So again please make a stand as your name is called."

"Our first gentleman is Nigeria petroleum minister. He flew all the way from Nigeria to grace this event. He has been friends with the bride for almost thirty years.  Ladies and gentlemen, lets all welcome Mr Ademide Cocker. Thank you sir, we are so happy that you can be with us."  Richard said while the guests clapped in admiration. Ademide stood up whilst waving with a smile before sitting back down.

Richard continued by saying

"Our next gentleman sponsor is an accomplished engineer and a successful businessman rolled into one. He is also Vera's soon to be son in law. God's willing." The guests screamed and clapped after hearing Richard's last statement. Chris and Bella couldn't help but smile. Richard waited for the Cheers to die down before he continued.

"Friends, Lets give a big hand to Engr. Christian Hampson. Thank you sir for being with us." Loud cheers and clap started again from the guests and it took a while before they kept quiet.

Richard continued by saying.

"Our last but certainly not the least among our gentleman sponsors, he is an Architect and the owner of TDC, Lets all give a big hand to Mr Austin Mark. Thank you sir for taking the time out to be with us." Richard said whilst Austin stood up in acknowledgement.

Richard proceeded by saying.

"So there you have it ladies and gentlemen, our most distinguished set of principal sponsors. Let us once again give them a big round of applause." The guests gave a big round of applause before he proceeded.