4.10 𝖰𝖴𝖠𝖱𝖠𝖭𝖳𝖨𝖭𝖤𝖣

Start from the beginning

She took the blanket from his hands, tossing it back on her bed as she laughed lightly.

"Cookie?" Isaac held it out to her and she tilted her head. Maybe the cookie was too far. He set it on her nightstand and sighed. "Sorry, I'm just trying to cheer you up."

"It's kinda working, maybe you should embarrass yourself more. Pick the cookie back up," She nods to the cookie, earning a laugh from Isaac.

"Okay, I get it, I'm trying too hard," Isaac rolled his eyes, sitting next to her on the bed. She gave him a sad smile. All she wanted to do was curl up into his arms and cry it out like she's done many times before. But, since they're back on the friends first movement, she opted for just resting her head on his shoulder. He wrapped an arm around her as she sighed softly.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He looked down at her and Olive nodded.

"I told him about the deadpool. He's devolving, he's losing all of his abilities and I don't know how to stop it. Once he found out about his name being the cipher key he told me to get out. I said some things I probably shouldn't have said, especially if the grim reaper is walking on his heels. I don't know, I just hate that he has to push me away."

"It's Derek," Isaac says as she sits up, looking at him with knitted brows. "He already let you too close, Olly. He's afraid of losing you so he is gonna be more distant."

"Who hurt him?"

"Alphabetically or chronologically?" Isaac raised an eyebrow, causing Olive to laugh lightly.

"Yeah, you're right. I just wish he wasn't so guarded. I might be able to help him then," She shrugged, leaning back on the bed and Isaac chuckled lightly, leaning back with her.

"You know, I think it's gonna be nice having you around here," He looked over at her and she smiled, shaking her head.

"Why?"

"Because Allison has shitty movie taste and you are my twin flame, so we're literally programmed to have common interests," He states, looking back up at the ceiling. Olive laughs, genuinely this time, and he looks back over at her smiling.

"Wanna watch one now?" Isaac raises an eyebrow, pulling out his laptop from under the blanket.

"You really did try too hard," She nodded, sitting up against the pillows.

"Shut up and get the lights."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

She fell asleep. What now? Literally, what does he do now that she's fallen asleep? I mean, of course, she fell asleep, she's had the most emotionally draining day ever, plus Scott said she hasn't been sleeping, like at all. If this were him a few months ago, he would just wrap her in his arms and fall asleep with her. But he threw the tea in the ocean and now he can't fucking drink it. He sighed, moving his arm ever so slightly so he doesn't wake her up, pressing pause on the movie they were watching, and slowly getting off of the bed. He doesn't bother with his laptop, leaving it open on the bed, and before he leaves he covers her up with the blanket he'd brought in. He quietly closes the door, turning to see Allison standing in the living room. Eyebrows raised and arms folded over her chest.

"Did it work?"

"Kind of," Isaac nodded, earning a smile from Allison.

"Progress."

He rolled his eyes, not really sure why she was so invested in them getting back together, and he made his way to his room, tossing the covers over himself and letting himself drift off to sleep. Maybe it was progress.