4.09 𝖳𝖮𝖮 𝖥𝖠𝖱

Start from the beginning

"He said he's fine," Coach shakes his head.

"As Captain, I think he should sit out," Scott says, earning a genuine laugh from Coach.

"And as President of the United States, I'm vetoing that decision."

"But Coach-"

"Hey, Liam think fast!" Brett's voice echoes through their ears as he sends a ball hurtling at Liam, who catches it with ease. Coach raises his eyebrows, turning back to Scott.

"Oh, he plays. Let's go, Liam!" Coach yells, blowing his whistle again and Liam runs out onto the field. Scott raises his eyebrows at Olive and she shrugs. "LiamStilinski, McCall, Lahey."

Coach draws their names out as the team makes its way onto the field. Olive takes a deep breath as the ref blows his whistle and the game begins.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

They're already off to a bad start, Brett has scored two goals against the team and almost set Liam off doing it twice. Olive bit her thumbnail as Isaac and Scott moved to hold Liam back from attacking two of the players after they'd clotheslined him. 

"Blue," Olive said lowly, earning a nod from Scott as he yelled the same thing to the rest of the team. That's how they signaled plays. Werewolf hearing has its perks in this game. 

Stiles took the start with another, abnormally large, member of the other team. Seriously this kid is abomination 2.0, there is no way he's under the age of 18. She watched as Stiles got the ball, tossing it to Kira who began running.

"Pass it, Kira pass it!" Olive shouted, but Kira didn't seem to hear her. She ran right past everyone trying to block her and scored the goal. Olive turned to Coach and shrugged, but Coach shook his head, blowing his whistle. 

"Yukimura, come here," He said as Kira approached him, a large grin on her face. "Sit down, you're benched for the rest of the game."

"What?" She widened her eyes, looking over to Olive who also seemed sort of surprised. "Why?"

"You didn't pass the ball."

"I had an open shot."

"Yes, but this is a scrimmage, it's about teamwork. The play called for you to pass it and you didn't so go sit down, you're benched," Coach explained, earning a sad look from Kira, who looked back at Scott. Olive gave her an apologetic smile as she sat on the bench next to her. This complicated things.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The next play starts, and it surprisingly plays out smoothly. Liam had the ball and he was running to the goal when he passed Brett, knocking into him pretty hard. Olive gasped, sharing a look with Coach as she ran out onto the field. 

She and Scott helped Liam up, moving him over to the side as they heard Brett groan.

"How hard did you hit him?" Scott asks, looking back toward Brett.

"I didn't. He hit me," Liam says, showing the group his broken arm. Olive turns to Scott who raises an eyebrow at her. She rolls her eyes, grabbing Liam's arm and looking at him nervously.

"Close your eyes," She sighs as she snaps his arm back into place, earning a muffled groan from him and causing the two boys next to her to flinch. The three of them watched the refs take Brett off the field as he yelled out. Suddenly, they hear the sound of metal sheathing and Olive widens her eyes. 

"Are you cut? Did Garrett cut you?" She looked over him as Liam shook his head, seemingly assessing himself too.

"No, no I'm okay," Liam shakes his head and Olive lets out a relieved sigh.