"By venom." Sam nods.

"Okay, so... what are we talking here, some sort of a freaky ass snake monster?" Dean asks, sitting across from Sam.

"Maybe. The weird thing is snakes either envenomate or constrict. No snake does both." Sam says.

"Correction -- freaky ass mega snake monster." Dean says.

"It could be a Vetala." Sam says.

"Yeah, but they're not afraid to sink their fangs in. Taxidermist was bite free. It doesn't really fit the profile." Dean says.

"Right. So...?"

"So, call Kevin. Have him look some stuff up."

+++

The four Winchesters are sitting at the table and the dog, The Colonel, is lying on the floor.

"An Inuit spell." Dean says.

"Yeah. Who knew the, uh, Men of Letters had its own Eskimo section?" Sam says.

"And it's supposed to let us communicate with The Colonel?" Dean asks as Sam picks some hair from the Colonel's coat.

"Yeah, well... that's the plan." Sam puts the dog hair into a bowl and stirs it. "Kevin said it's like a sort of human/animal mind meld."

"Meaning?" Dean asks.

"If it works, we should be able to read The Colonel's thoughts." Sam says, pouring the contents into a glass.

"All right, I'll do it." Dean says, grabbing the glass. "You--you got enough on your plate." He tells Sam.

"Like what?" Sam asks.

"Uh, like... you're tired. You're on the mend. Okay? Plus, you--you've got a sensitive stomach. Las thing we need is you chucking the stuff up, huh?" Dean says and Sam scoffs.

"I can do it." Libby excitedly offers, wanting to be able to communicate with dogs.

"No." Both brothers deny making her pout.

"Doesn't look so bad." Dean says, looking at the liquid. He downs it in one gulp. "I was wrong." He says. "Come on." Sam hands Dean a book and Dean recites the spell.

"All right. Let's get this party started. Tell me everything you know." Dean tells The Colonel who yawns. "What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" He asks, laughing, though none of his family does. "Tough crowd."

The Colonel barks and Dean looks to the other three who are clueless.

~ ~ ~

They got food and are eating at the table, The Colonel still on the floor.

"So, call Kevin." Dean says. "Spell tasted like ass and was a bust."

"At least it didn't affect your appetite. Geez." Sam says.

"Yeah." Dean says. "What?" Dean asks after a few moments.

"What?" Sam asks.

"You-- shut up. It's working." Dean says.

"It-- go!" Sam encourages.

"Say that again." Dean tells the dog. "Dennis DeYoung's not a punk. He's Mr. Roboto, bitch."

"Why are you arguing with a dog about Styx?" Sam asks.

"Wh-- uh, yeah. Um, hey, boy. What were you trying to tell us about Cowboy Hat?" Dean asks. "And the pothead, too?"

"Ask about the cats." Sam says. He throws a rolled up food wrapper in the garbage that's behind Dean.

"Yeah, uh--" Dean takes the wrapper out of the trash and gives it back to Sam. "And what about the cats?" Sam and Ophelia share a confused look.