Wilbur? more like WTF ~27~

ᵀᵂ: ᴺᵒⁿᵉ :⁾

ᴬ/ⁿ: ᴼᴹᶠᴳ ⁱᵛᵉ ʰᵃᵈ ˢᵘᶜʰ ᵃ ᵇᵃᵈ ʷʳⁱᵗᵉʳˢ ᵇˡᵒᶜᵏ ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ᵇᵘᵗ ᴴᴱʸ ᴴᴱᴿᴱ ᵂᴱ ᴬᴿᴱ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵃⁿᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ᵇᵒᵐ ᵈⁱᵍᵍⁱᵈʸ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵃʳⁿᵗ ⁱ ˢᵒ ᶜᵒᵒˡ ᴮ⁾

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Name jumped as she watched the rain, the unexpected lightning bolt startling her to the point where she almost dropped her tea mug. She let out a sigh, a bit nervous for her friend.

Rebeca was supposed to come over today, but the rain came out of nowhere with the lightning and nows Rebecca's 4 minutes late.

{Name} knows she probably is just going slow and trying to stay safe but she can't help but worry for her. She bit her lip, her knee bouncing up and down as she sat on her couch.

She popped up when she heard the doorbell ring, rushing over and quickly opening the door.

There, instead of meeting with the blond, she was met with the blond AND Wilbur.

“Wilbur- what- what are you doing here??”

{Name asked confused as Wilbur leaning his elbow on the doorframe, making Rebeca scowl at him before moving out of the doorway. '

“Well i was just walking and it started raining and then i saw Rebeca and her and i got to talkin’ yaknow, and then it led to us being back here! Weird, I know?” He said as Rebeca tried to interrupt him, but he just walked inside without any say.

“That's not-” She took in a deep inhale before facing {Name}. “I'm so sorry I knew you just wanted it to be us.” She said while looking empathetically at {Name}.

“Oh it's no biggie! You and Wilbur are bonding, I guess.” She said, sounding a little disappointed at the end, which made Rebeca bite her lip trying to think of ways to make it up to her. “Hey, i'll try to get rid of him early, yeah?”

She asked which made {Name} jump up and nod her head excitedly. Rebeca giggled, admiring the girl and smiling ear to ear.

They both walked inside, Rebeca hanging her coat off the rack and then going over to the couch.

The rain falling slowly, thunder lightly singing in the background as Wilbur also sat on the couch, reading one of {Name}’s books from the old wooden bookshelf in the hallway.

“Really? Romeo and Juliet?” {Name} asked Wilbur giggling, making him look up from his book to her, sliding his glasses down slightly before speaking again.

“What can I say? It's a classic! Maybe deep down inside this broken piece of me is a hopeless romantic.”

He said before making room on the couch for the girls, him on the end, {Name} in the middle, and Rebeca on the other end. {Name} rolled her eyes at the cheezy statement, Rebeca rubbing her arms nervously.

He set the book down on the side table, pushing up his glasses before stretching his arm around {Name} scooting her farther away from Rebeca.

She looked over at the anxious girl, reaching out her hand and doing the grabbing motion. Rebeca looked up at {Name}, a confused look on her face making the other girl giggle.

“I wanna hold your handdddd!” She whined as Rebeca made an “O” with her mouth, holding the other girls hand and turning a light shade of pink. She turned away from the two, making {Name} giggle and WIlbur only scowl.

How he hated Rebeca. From looking at her get out of her car humming a cheery tune with her umbrella, to finding out she's seeing {Name}, to having to convince her to let him go see {Name}, to trying not to punch her in the face the whole time, to how her face lit up when their hands touched.

He hated every part of it, I mean of course he’d be weird to the girl he rejected, but this girl now was getting a little too friendly with {Name}.

He literally just got rid of Jared and now he has to deal with Rebeca? WHY?!

~

They all talked for a bit, light conversation with laughs mixed in. {Name}’s hand never left rebecas, her hold strong and comforting, rubbing little circles in her thumb once in a while.

And at the same time, Wilburs arm never left {Name}’s side. Pulling her in closer at times, squeezing her slightly comforting himself that she was still there.

And {Name} was feeling kinda funky.

The two people around her were getting butterflies.

everytime she did that rubbing motion on her hand, or everytime she leaned in or snuggled into his arm his breath got caught up in his throat.

{Name} was a very love-y person, so all of this was just simple platonic things to her. All of this has been done before with Will, or her friends.

When she had a crush, she was extremely jumpy with them. Or smooth, or completely oblivious.

No in betweens.

Either a flustered mess every time they brush against each other,  a signal sending machine, flirting 24/7 almost, or just clueless of everything.

The first one was when she was in middle school, second one was when she was drunk or joking, and the third one… was her most used.

In all truth, she's just clueless about her own feelings, not the other partner. Her brains always racking up possibilities of people's emotions towards her.

And in truth, to say she was clueless about how Wilbur was acting was false. She was getting skeptical, and mostly a little scared.

Rebeca she also was wondering about, though she is leaning for the “she just gets flustered easily” route.

Just as she was thinking more about people, she got a call from her phone. The discord profile on her phone made a smile creep onto her face, biting her lip from trying to repress it.

“Oh look! It's Dynic! :D”

No knew keys :P