Chapter 6: Meteor Shower

Sunday 21st, 2002.

Dawn of the second day, 48 hours remain...
|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|

You watch as each token hits the metaled cup, making a clinging sound.

The neon lights of the arcade blink around you, it makes you feel content. For once the anxiety washed away.

You grab the tokens from the little holder, and stuff them in your hoodie pocket.

You turn on your heel to Ben who was still getting his tokens. No doubt he had a huge smile on his face.

He stands up straight, and wipes his brown locks out of his eyes. Then silently waits for all the coins to fall.

Once he gets his tokens, and also puts them in his pockets.

"So whoever gets the most tickets win?" He asked making a questioning face.

I nod at him with a mischievous smile.

"Well mind as well quit now. Because I'm going to win!" He said with much confidence.

"As if! Anyways."

You turn your back to him, and look for a game you know for sure your good at.

There it is! A simple, and a classic. The wheel of tickets.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

"Go!!!" You yell out and run straight to the wheel of tickets.

Once infront of the neon blue wheel, you fumble to get four tokens out.

You shove the coins in the coin slot. Then place your hands on handle.

You violently shove the handle down. Ignoring the new pain on your shoulders.

The wheel spins, and flashes the 1000 ticket jackpot. What a jerk.

"Oh wow 40 tickets!" The machine says.

You smile, so far so good. All you have to do is keep up the good luck, and play the games.

You yank the tickets out of the ticket deposit.

Walking around the arcade looking for other games.

Then you pass by, your enemy.

Dance revaluation.

The one thing that knows how to take your breath away. Oh how much you despise that game.

"Oh that game sucks." You jump slightly and turn to the owner of the voice.

"You can say that twice." You say to the brunette.

"Let's play it." He said with a shrug.

"What?!" You say watching him enter two coins.

"You heard me, now enter your half." He said with a smirk.

You sigh and entered two coins. Groaning internally.

"I call first player!" Ben said taking the left side.

"Fine by me." You said with a huff then taking the right.

You both press the green button, then a list of songs show up.

"Alright which song do you want. Since I dragged you to this game, you mind as well get to pick the song."

You nod and turn your gaze to the list. There was mostly songs in Japanese, some you knew others not so much.

After a while you settle on a classic, well it's from a classic anime too, The Sailor Moon theme song. It was on the easy difficulty, and your cousin used to watch the show when you were at least 5.