Chapter 3: Cupids Chokehold

Thursday April 18th, 2002.
5 days remain...
?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿

I look down at the chicken fried rice. I know it's still hot in all, but that's not gonna stop me from eating it.

I take a bite of the steaming rice, immediate regret. It burnt my tongue of course, but I REFUSE to spit it out.

I hear a little giggle from the short haired girl from my right. I stare daggers at her.

Rosa, she's in the same grade as me and Ben. She has light brown hair to her shoulders, with dark brown eyes, and pale skin. Oh and she's also shorter than me.

"What are you laughing at." I muffled out.

"You." She said taking a bite of her own food. I small smile forms, and turn to look to my left.

Ben was poking at his food, I was expecting him to already be done. Since he was the first one to get his food.

Ben mostly looks like his mom, the same light brown hair, the same clothing taste, but he has the same eyes as his dad, blue-green eyes. I was always lost in them, their just so pretty.

"Starings rood, but I feel flattered when you admire me." Ben said suddenly.

I quickly turn my gaze to my food feeling an embarrassed blush form.

"I love my otp couple." Rosa said winking at me, I smile at her in return.

Kinda funny I get along with Rosa, but can barely keep a friendship with her brother, or my leader. Oh sorry her brother is Matt.

You mean as in the Matt in the cult?! Yes, that Matt.

Rosa doesn't like what Matt does, but Matt couldn't care less. They used to have a healthy bond, until Matt went kinda, koo-koo.

Rosa gets up to throw away her food, and soon I follow after her. Once we both sit down Ben started a conversation.

"So, what know?"

I think to myself what do we do now? We got the trio together....

Oh my gosh. I smile to myself, I got the most perfect idea ever.

"Yall up to some laser tag?" I ask looking at Rosa then turning to Ben.

"Prime time?" Ben said with an a smirk.

"Prime time." Rosa and I said.

All three of us jumped out of our seats, and ran to the exit. Everyone probably thought we were some psycho teens who was high on crack.

Which I would have thought the same.

We turn to the bike rack to fetch our bikes. Which had hot seats, curse summer coming up.

Once the other two got on their bikes you all rode off.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

Once you all paid to get laser tag tickets you waited at the end of the line, which wasn't that long.

Rosa was infront, you were in middle, and Ben was behind you.

Was it safe to have a 12 year old boy with daddy issues to behind you, knowing he could kill you? No he's to much of a pussy to do that.

The doors swung open, and out came a bunch of teenagers laughing, and cracking jokes.

The lady that worked there came out, and sweat lord Jesus was she ho- okay enough.

The line moved forward, and Rosa started getting excited saying, "we're going to kick ass!"