Chapter 2: Photo ID

Wensday April 17th, 2002.
6 days remain.
•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•

"Hey Y/n?" I turn to my brown haired friend. I hummed telling him to ask away. "Why is April 23rd marked on your calendar?"

I hitched my breath, and chewed the inside of my cheek. 'What do I say? Oh yeah thats the day I'm going to practically back stab you.'

"A very sad, sad day." Is all I say, I mean I'm not wrong.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked in a soft, and caring voice.

"No, not really.." I say trying not to have a voice crack.

He frowned then looked at the ceiling for a little. Then I noticed a small smile dance on his lips.

"Cmon." He said grabbing my hand. I didn't even ask, he does it often anyways.

"I can walk myself." I say trying to move my hand. He doesn't budge what so ever. I sigh and just look around.

At least it's not a hot day today, and it's spring break! I look infront of me, there stood the mall.

I give Ben a questioning look.

"What?"

"Nothing." I say trying not to laugh. He rolled his eyes, and dragged me into the mall. "So, what are we doing here anyways?"

"To chear you up. You seemed sad, so we're going to have a fun day!" He said pulling out a bag.

Which was filled with money. He waved it around.

"Okay enough rubbing it in my face." I say with a pouty face, (or resting bitch face.)

"Fine. What should we do first?" He asked.

I thought for a while. Hmmm, something that I like, and he likes...

"Gamestop?" I ask looking at him. He smirked.

"Race you there!" He said then sprinted off.

"Hey that's not fair!" I say chasing after him. I was gaining speed on him, which he started to panic.

Gamestop came in view, and Ben and I we're face to face on this one. We gradually get closer and closer to the store.

I stick my tongue out to him, and use  the last of my energy to enter the store.

"Dang it!" He says pouting.

"There, there. It's alright to lose." I say snickering at him. He gives me a look then walked off to the Nitendo 64 aile.

'Rood.' I thought, but just walked off to the Nitendo GameCube aile.

I started looking around the whole store to see what's up yknow?

I was looking at a figure of Link, then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn to face a familiar black haired boy, with Carmel brown eyes. 'Fuck it's Chris.'

"Hey Y/n! Funny seeing you here." Said the 11 year old boy.

"Just here with a friend." I say with a smile.

"Cool! Can I meet them?" He asked.

"Wow, someone wants to meet me?" Chris turned around to be faced with Ben.

I saw that Chris tensed up. He turned and whispered, "is that the sac-" I cut him off with a yeah.

He nodded and turned back to a confused Ben.

"Hello it's nice to meet another friend of Y/ns! My names Chris." He said optimistically.

"Nice to meet you Chris, and the names Ben."

Chris nodded, "sorry I can't talk long, but my moms waiting for me." If you couldn't tell that's an excuse.

Chris gave me one last look before running out of the store.

"He seems like a nice kid." Ben said before shoving a bag into my hands.

I look down to see a peek of what's inside the bag, oh wow an Ocarina of Time cartridge.

"Wow I'm honored." I say with a smile.

"Of course you should! Well because I bought it" He said jokingly. I roll my eyes playfully.

"Well what now?" I ask him.

"We could walk around, until we find a store to go inside." He said.

"Sure." I said taking his hand in mine. He quickly averted his eyes, while trying to hide his face.

I laugh a little at his flustered state. Which he just gave a nervous smile.

"Cmon Ben, let's go!" I say running off. He tripped over his feet, but quickly regained his posture.

We walked for a little before a photo booth came into view. A small smile pranced onto my face.

"Let's take some photos!" I say. Here's the deal I'm only sounding optimistic because I wanted some photos of us...before he dies.

"You actually wanna take photos? Y/n are you going through puberty?"

I scoffed and looked at him. "Say that again, and I will steal your life's savings."

He gave me a soft smile, and pushed me in the booth.

"Hmm, four photos? You have a half, and I have the other?" He asked looking at me.

"Sure." I say scooting a little, so he has room.

The screen counted down, and we both smile. We pose for the photos, until the last one.

I felt a hand slip over to my chin which a jumped a little. Then I felt something warm, and soft on my left cheek.

Holy Zelda. Is. He. Kissing. My. Cheek?! I feel a small smirk place in my face with a tinted blush. Then the blinding light flashed, signifying that all the photos has been tooken.

Ben jumped off the seat, and ran to the photos. He looked one over one then smiled at the last one.

"Aw look at your smile! I'm definitely keeping this one." He said waving it around, so I could see it.

I scoff, and roll my eyes still having the same smile on my face. He looked at me for a little, he opened his mouth to talk, but he closed it immediately.

I raised a brow at him, and he starts fidgeting with his thumbs.

"Y/n, do you mind if I walk you home?"

"Nope, I don't mind at all."

He grabbed my hand, and we both walked to my house. We both walked in an awkward silence.

Until we were a block from my house. That's when Ben spoke.

"Hey Y/n?" I hummed.  "I know we're still in middle school and all. But, will, will you be my lover?"

I stopped in place. Looking him straight in the eyes. He stood there nervous, and looking at his shoes.

A small blush formed on my cheeks. I try to muster courage to say a simple,  "yes."

He looked up with a red face. "You will?!" I nod my head. He grabs my arm, and pulls me into a tight embrace.

-At your house-

Ben waves at me before going the direction to his house.

I wave back, and enter my house. I make my way to my room holding the photos like they were going to run away.

I look at the photos in my hand. Feeling a tear stream down my face. Remember Y/n make sure he has the best last days of his life.

I feel a little smile come on my face. I make my way to my bed, not bothering to change.

I slowly let the dream world take me.

Once finally a nice dream.