Boys to Men

"After the Lakers were able to knock off the Golden State Warriors in a very close game seven where they were both 3-3 in the series...we are now..possibly seconds away from a new champion or a game six!"

"That's right! With 10 seconds on the board, Miami heat up two points one-twelve to one-ten! Can the lakers keep the Heat from scoring another basket?"

"We're about to see right now...Heat have the ball...Oladipo has the ball, passes it to Lowry! Clock winding down...he shoots! Blocked by Davis! Butler with the rebound...he misses! Monk has the ball...seven seconds! It's knocked out his hands by Butler! It's stolen out of his hands! 3...2...The shot is up! Buzzers sounds and swishhhhhh! Jaxson with the three...Lakers Win!....Lakers Win!"

__________

After the Lakers received the coveted Larry O'Brian trophy for beating the Miami heat...It was time to crown the MVP!

"It is with great pride that I grant the MVP trophy to a player who has showed such grit and tenacity from the moment you stepped on the court. Coming from the shadows to help this team...you have proven to not only the fan's, but the Lakers organization of how valuable you truly are...So without further ado! I present the MVP Trophy to none other than Jaxson Givens!"

Hearing his name being called gave him chills as fans cheered in his favor. "MVP! MVP!MVP!"

His teammates patted  and congratulated him as he made his way to the forefront of the crowd. The moment the trophy was placed in his hands he began to get emotional.

"Man thank you so much! I'm— I'm at a lost for words right now....first and for most I'd like to thank god for breath in my body to be able to see this moment...The best manager in the world!...I wanna thank my family...to my beautiful daughters I love y'all! My good friend and fire stylist Serenity...And last but not least the Lakers organization and fans for believing in me. Thank you!"

The crowd cheered once again as Jaxson was greeted by his family and friends. Mya was able to bring his daughter's with zero information on why Angelina wasn't coming.

Once he was done receiving love from his family and his best friends. He made his way to Serenity who smiled at him gleefully. At first glance you would've thought nothing of the two sharing a moment. But the way he pulled her into him and how his hands fell on her butt, didn't go unnoticed.

Wondering eyes had already seen, what the adrenaline pumping inside him, kept him from doing before it was too late.

Talk had already begun.

___________

"How the fuck we gone spin this!?" Reeves asked dragging a hand down his face in frustration.

"Ain't shit to spin, Serenity is just a friend and I'm single." Jaxson shrugged as he finished continued to get dressed.

It was now Saturday, two weeks after the biggest game of his career and his mother was throwing him a party to celebrate his big accomplishment. "Yeah nigga you single to us! Now that I know the situation. But the world don't know that. You got all of woke Twitter tryna cancel yo ass for cheating and got my cousin looking like some hoe. Screw your narrative right now she don't need that shit!"

"First off you don't know what I need!" Serenity said coming into the room. "Ain't nobody worried about being canceled."

Reeves groaned. "So we say nothing? This isn't exactly the kind of press you need. I'm tryna get you endorsements from Nike not the I Love Future fan club."

Serenity sighed. "Jaxson he's right. Injecto'Lips is already posting cryptic messages making it seem like she's heartbroken and you're the reason. At least let the world know the two of you are single. They'll figure out the rest eventually."