New Beginning

The sound of Nina emptying her guts startled Jonathan out of his sleep

The sound of Nina emptying her guts startled Jonathan out of his sleep. His living arrangement with Weston had truly been a vibe. The two got a long great which was pleasing to Jon because he was more than ready to leave the thick toxic air of his old apartment. But he had been missing the presence of his girl so he crawled in her bed late last night after a late night gym session.

Jonathan scampered across the carpeted floor and onto the heated tile of Nina's bathroom. He held her hair back with one hand as he drew soothing circles on her back with the other.

"Baby you okay, you eat something bad?"

Nina wipe her mouth shaking her head quickly. "I'm fine babe, I didn't mean to wake you." She said unconvincingly.

"Nah babe your sick! Lemme take you to a doctor."

Nina sighed. "I umm...I already have an appointment in a few so I'll just go to that and come back.

"Aight cool Ill go with yo—"

"No! That's okay. It's probably just a stomach bug I'll be fine baby." In actuality she had an appointment with her OB-GYN so that could get conformation on what she already knew. And she wasn't exactly ready for him to know about it. She wasn't even expecting him last night.

"Nah it's cool! I'm spending the day with you today lil mama." There was no getting around this so she decided not to protest so that she didn't raise suspicion.

__________

Nina and Jonathan had checked in at the doctors office and waiting for about ten minutes now. But for the last seven minutes they'd been there, he'd grown highly perplexed.

"Baby since when did OB-GYN doctors start seeing patients for stomach bugs? I know I'm not a girl but that just seem a bit extreme."

When that stomach bug became your son or daughter growing inside me. She wanted to say to him. "Actually I'm here to get a ul—"

"Nina Patterson!" The nurse interrupted before waving her over.

"Come on!" A nervous Nina called out to her boyfriend.

After running down her symptoms to her doctor— Dr.Simone and Jon both had their theory on exactly what was causing the vomiting and weird cravings she'd been having.

"Sweetheart have you gotten your period for the month?" The doctor asked and Nina simply shook her head. Dr. Simone nodded and began to type on her computer. "And have you taken a pregnancy test?"

Nina quickly looked at Jonathan then back at her doctor before answering timidly. "Y-Yes a-and it was positive." Nina answered.

She didn't need to move her head to know Jon was staring daggers into her skull. She could feel him.

"We'll let's get some blood work done, because baby girl it seems like you might be pregnant." Dr.Simone explained happily.

After drawing blood Dr.Simone left the couple to sit in crippling silence. Nina nervously faced a quiet Jon who avoided eye contact with her. He was too busy looking at his phone that kept ringing. "Baby talk to me!" She begged. The silence was killing her.