Questionable Lies: Chapter 26

*few DAYS later*

Ella's POV

Everything has been good for the most part these last few days. Carl's still not feeling good, so neither me or Zoey has seen him since the other day, so I'm sad about that because I miss him and want to see my friend. I would go see him but I don't think he feels like anyone visiting, which is understandable if your sick. But since Carl is still not better, me and Zoey has just been hanging out at my house.

I think Zoey is getting more comfortable with me the more she gets to know me, so I'm glad for that. She is also with Negan, but just a little bit because she's still skittish around him, but it's getting a little better. Other then that, nothing much has been going on.

Right now Negan just finished dinner, it was simple, but good nonetheless. It was getting late, I could tell because it was almost dark outside now and the sun was setting. Zoey stayed for dinner, which has become a regular thing for her to do now since Negan keeps offering her to eat with us, and she gladly excepts it.

After everyone got done eating, Zoey thanked Negan for dinner and said she had to get home and then gave me a hug and said that she'd be back tomorrow. I smiled and said ok while I hugged her back. She waved as she walked off and I shut the door and locked it after she was gone.

"Ya know, maybe later sometime when we go collect from one of the communities, she can come along so you won't be all board by yourself."

I turned from the door and seen Negan picking up the dishes off the table and putting them in the sink. I smiled and walked over there "Yeah, that's sounds like fun"

"Thought you'd like that idea. You can ask her about it tomorrow"

"Ok........I'll do that" my smile kinda disappeared as I thought about it. 'She won't be allowed to go..she even told me that she's never been to any other community besides Alexandrea'

"Ok wolfie," Negan said braking me out of that thought "I'm gonna hit the fucking hay, so if you stay up just make sure to be quiet"

"Oh, I'm going to bed too.......goodnight" I chuckled and he did the same and told me goodnight as we both headed to each of our rooms.

Zoey's POV

It was almost completely dark by the time I made it home. 'Oh please don't be mad...' I thought before I opened the door and walked in my house. Of corse though, I couldn't be that lucky to walk in without him saying something.

"Where the fuck have you been going everyday early as shit and not coming back until dark? What's so important to be gone all fucking day long" My dad asked irritably from the couch in the living room.

"N-nowhere, I've just been going and hanging out with a friend"

"Who, Carl Grimes? I heard he's sick, you better not bring that shit back here to me because I will be fucking pissed if you do"

"No it's someone else"

"Oh really? And who'd hang out with you all day? You find yourself a fucking rock and call it your friend because you can't get any go your own?"

'yep...that hurt'

"I have friends of my own..." I said quietly.

"Imaginary friends doesn't count, stupid. Or are you to ignorant to know that?"

"I-I know that....I don't have imaginary-"

"Stop fucking back talking me, or I'll get up and come shut you up myself" he snapped.