Secrets Safe: Chapter 25

Ella's POV

Ok so I don't know what exactly just happened. One minute, me and Zoey is at her house talking, the next minute, someone shows up, Zoey tells me to hide so I do, then I hear whoever that guy was being really mean to Zoey and seen him shove her into the door frame.

When he did that I was literally about to jump up from beside the bed and go ask him what his fucking problem was and why he was yelling and pushing Zoey for no reason, but the look on Zoeys face was basically telling me to stay where I was and not say anything, so I did.

"Your going to have more then a few bruises if I ever catch you going behind my back, remember that" the man said coldly before walking out of the room and slamming the door shut behind him.

'What the hell?!' I thought after I heard him say that but still kept quiet.

Zoey began to cry silently, I could tell she was trying not to but I guess she just couldn't help it. I slowly raised up from beside the bed, unsure on what to do or say. She looked over at me and quickly wiped her tears away but didn't stop crying.

A look came across her face, probably realization of what just happened and how I was here to witness all of it. She quickly ran to me and opened her mouth starting to speak, but I did first. "Who what that?" I paused for a moment, then continued before she could answer "Are you ok? What just happened?"

"I-" she started to say, then stopped and just stood quiet for a moment. She signed and finally said "I don't have time to explain. Listen, you can't tell anything to anyone, ok?" She talked quietly.

"But he-"

"I know" she interrupted, then continued after taking a deep breath "I know, but please Ella, please don't say anything....I'm begging you...Please" she looked at me with a pleading look.

I stayed quiet and looked her her for a long moment, trying to think on what exactly is happening.

I guess I got lost in thought longer then I attended, because I finally snapped out of it when I heard Zoey say "Please?" again.

After another second or two, I nodded and said "I won't"

She weakly smiled and signed in relief, then unexpectedly reached and hugged me quickly by putting her arms around my neck "Thank you" she whispered.

I was caught off guard for a moment because I wasn't expecting it, but quickly snapped out of it and hugged her back

I was caught off guard for a moment because I wasn't expecting it, but quickly snapped out of it and hugged her back. As soon as I did, it was like she had just realized what she did and immediately pulled away "I'm sorry, I just-"

I gave her a small smile and put my hand on her shoulder, "It's fine" I told her and hugged her back for a few moments.

"Thanks, Ella" she said after we broke the hug.

I nodded slightly, but my face probably showed my doubt about the whole situation. I just don't know what to think. That happened so fast and I have so many questions....but I know they can not be answered right now, it'll have to wait.