The calm before the storm

They hadn't spoken since last night.

After Nessa had realised Techno had seen her hair's natural colour, she had quickly gotten up, mumbling a 'thank you' as she rushed back to Pogtopia.

Techno was in shock.

Was he not alone anymore? After years of being the infamous half-breed, the man who was never fully anything. He had found someone like him.

Techno knows there are other hybrids in the realm, but not once, in all his years of traveling had he met someone like him.

However he was confused.

Why did she hide what she was?

If she hated how she looked, she couldn't possibly have tolerated looking at him for so long.

So, why did she conceal what she was?

At first glance most would assume, she was either a human or a wither-hybrid, due to the mask.

But there was no time for questions like these, as a war was coming.

--------------

Nessa stood with Wilbur in Pogtopia, both of them silent in their examination of the papers infront of them, only breaking the silence to perfect battle strategies.

That was until Tommy came in.

"Wilbur?" Tommy shouted down the stairs.

"What is it Tommy, I'm busy" Wilbur responded, not taking his eyes off the paper infront of him.

"It's about Quackity"

Wilbur glanced up at the boy briefly, his eyes rejoining the paper a second later.

"What about him?" Wilbur asked

"He wants to join us" Tommy said, unsure.

Wilbur's eyes jerked back up to the boy, only to see a familiar beanie behind him.

"Oh, okay" Wilbur said, feigning nonchalance.

"What?" Nessa said, reminding everyone present that she was still there.

"You can't be serious Wilbur! He could be a spy for all we know" Nessa said, taking a distrustful glance at Quackity.

"He's not" Tommy spoke.

"He's right, I'm not. I am so done with J. Schlatt... And I want to help you take him down" Quackity said, his voice unnaturally serious.

"I don't trust it, but it's your call Wilbur" Nessa said, glancing over at the ex-president.

"Tommy"

"Yes Wilbur"

"Watch him" Wilbur said sternly, his words putting Nessa more at ease, knowing they wouldn't allow a member of Manberg's cabinet to simply wander around their base.

It helped knowing they weren't complete idiots.

It was only three hours later that Fundy showed up, revealing he had been spying on J. Schlatt and documenting his weaknesses in a 'spy journal'.

From Fundy's writing they found that Dream, who was previously assisting the rebellion, had joined Manberg.

There was a significant amount of speculation surrounding the reasons why, many thought Dream had been threatened or bribed, others believed he had been on Manberg's side the entire time.

Nessa however, knew better. In her brief meeting with the sociopath, along with stories from Tommy and Tubbo, she found he only seemed to care for two things, control and chaos.