The last night of peace

"Nessa!" A blurry figure shouted.

"What is it, kid?" An Aberdonian accent sounded

"It hurts" The Pre-teen whined, holding his burned hand into his chest.

"Oh God. Kid, did you try to go fishing again?" She asked as she made a move to grab one of the many health potions they kept spare, specifically for her clumsy companion.

"Yeah... I caught one, but it slipped of the hook, and when I went to catch it... Well it was all wet so it hurt a lot" Her companion explained.

"Well sit down for me kid, you're getting too tall" She half joked. It was true he was getting to tall, despite him being only eleven, he had already surpassed her in height, although that was expected due to his heritage they were aware of.

Sitting the young boy down, she handed him the potion, whilst checking for other wounds.

"Nessa?"

"Nessa?"

"NESSA?"

A booming voice belonging to a certain Piglin-hybrid brought her out of her reminiscent daydream.

Looking towards the entrance of her small, darkened room, she made eye contact with him.

She had never seen his face bare, before.

He was... Attractive

The sharp jawline, once his most attractive feature to her was now overshadowed by his blood red eyes, which seemed to glow. The scars running along his face only accentuated his overall beauty, each one with a story behind it. How had he earned that scar running over his right eye through his eyebrow? What about that one through his jawline on the left? Her questions, along with the voices' input, she was deaf to what he was saying.

"Bruh... Nessa?!" The Piglin-hybrid said loudly, as he started purposefully making his way towards where she was reclining.

"Hm?" She hummed, now diverting some of her attention towards the man before her.

"Tommy wants to have a 'family night'" Technoblade huffed, obviously resistant to the idea.

"Why is that my problem?" She asked, wondering if he had simply come to her to pre-trauma dump.

"He wants you there"

She stilled

Nessa didn't have a good track record with 'family'. When she was younger, she had a great life, the worst thing her parents did to her was the odd scolding, but overall they were wonderful people. The reason she was the mentally unstable killer she was today wasn't because her parents were horrible, it was her, she was broken, she was born unsatisfied and she would most likely die the same way. Living her entire life being half of everything was taxing, she was never fully anything, to her father's side she was an abomination, not fully human but not a complete 'monster'... They couldn't have been more wrong.

To her mother's side, she was the mistake, the thing that stained their poor daughters purity with her half-breed blood. She was never fully anything, and she had never known satisfaction... That was until her first kill, the first taste of death, it was exhilarating. A lifetime of being half empty only to feel complete in an instant, it scared her more than the lifeless eyes of the woman who took her innocence.

So she killed again, and again, and again, again, again ,again, until it stopped feeling as good, she became immune to the high of watching another person get on the train to limbo.

So she stopped.

She hadn't killed in a year and she was proud of herself. However she was slightly worried about how she would react, should she come into contact with blood again, but there was only one way to find out, so she joined Pogtopia to aid in a revolution which would no doubt end in bloodshed. She missed feeling whole, but being 'sober' for so long had helped with the return of her morals... She did not miss them.

"Wha- Why?" She stuttered, immediately scolding herself for not only being caught off guard, but showing it.

"I don't know, come on, help me and Wil deal with Tommy" He said shrugging, doing a fantastic job with acting as if he hadn't caught her slip of tongue, not allowing visible celebration at the small victory to stunt the progress he had made in cracking her strong defences.

"Sure... Whatever" She said, slipping back into her usual nonchalant facade.

Walking towards the main social area, she spotted Wilbur, Tommy and Tubbo sat around a small campfire, Wilbur's guitar leaning against the stone it's owner had repurposed as a chair.

Once the youngest of their little group had noticed the two killers approaching where they sat, the two boys jumped up and charged over to where Nessa was standing.

Having unresolved trauma mixed with trust issues, led to her nearly flipping Tommy over her shoulder, until she realised that the boy's affectionate hug was not meant to be hostile.

The two boys grabbed a hand each and dragged the woman towards their segment of the seating arrangements, both boys babbling about their recent achievements, obviously looking for the approval they could no longer find elsewhere.

But that wasn't something to think about tonight.

Tonight was going to be a good night, because Tommy said so. Tommy wanted at least one night where Wilbur wasn't loosing it, L'manberg wasn't in a tyrant's hands and where he and Tubbo could be a kid again.

Nessa, after hearing about the wars these children had to endure, was suddenly less opposed to the idea of a 'family' night, if it meant they could be children again, even if it was just for a few hours, it would be worth it.

Once Nessa had settled in her stone seat, she noticed Technoblade standing rather awkwardly at the edge of where the firelight started to fade, deciding that the facade could fall for the night, she beckoned him over with a soft smile.

Techno froze at the action, not only for the surprising friendliness of it, but because he felt he was truly seeing her for the first time.

Her dark hair, almost rivaling obsidian was still hidden under a beanie, which looked as if it had once belonged to Wilbur, her Wither skull mask still obscuring his view of the top half of her face, was illuminated in the soft glow of the fire. Her long cloak, now discarded, had covered a dark crimson, off the shoulder dress shirt, a black armoured corset accentuating her figure. Black, worn trousers completed the look with dark combat boots to match.

She was... Beautiful.

Too beautiful to be human, the same way he, or others in the realm were. The ethereal beauty of something foreign was always alluring, human or not.

Pulling himself together Techno accepted the woman's offer, taking the seat beside her, even though there was several other options, he chose her.

He had a feeling it wouldn't be the last time.

So, that night, there they sat.

An ex-president

Two children, who grew up to fast

A woman shrouded in mystery

And the God who was slowly but surely falling for her.

-----------

AN-

Hey hoes, I present the first wholesome chapter.

There will be more, but it has to be balanced by angst.

So it's the festival next chapter 🙂