The festival: Part 1

The festival was today.

Nessa had been to her fair share of festivals over the years, however her visits were usually quite brief as she had only ever attended to complete an assassination.

This was new to her.

She and Techno would be attending to report back to Wilbur, about the changes Schlatt had made.

It was a mission, she was safe with missions.

There was no room for error, which meant no room for feelings, which meant she didn't have to think about the funny feeling in her stomach she got when Techno spoke to her.

Tubbo was back in Manberg, setting up the festival decorations.

As he was leaving he asked if Nessa was attending the festival so that she could see his speech, he was elated when she confirmed she would stay to see his speech.

If only she hadn't...

-----------

"Bruh... How long do you take?" Technoblade groaned from outside Nessa's door, where he was waiting for her.

"Fucks sake, give me a minute!" Nessa shouted back, struggling with the strings on her formal armoured corset, one she only used when she attended special events.

Techno sighed, frustrated at her time keeping skills. He was already dressed in his usual monarch get-up, not feeling the need to dress up. His blood red cape draped regally over a crisp white dress shirt, (which according to Tommy had far to many ruffles).

Once she exited her room, Techno felt his breath hitch in his throat, she was wearing a short blood red dress, with a flowing skirt, reaching her knees, an enchanted netherite corset (of her own design) cinched her waist, the puffy sleeve's and top finished the outfit off.

He had to restrain his eyes from wandering down to the low square neckline the dress had, hoping to keep what little of his composure he had left.

He couldn't help but notice that her hair seemed, almost wet, like she had only dipped the roots of her hair in water and no more. It reminded him of the time Wilbur had tried dyeing his hair with squid ink, in his 'edgy teen phase'.

He filed the thought away though, storing the questions he had for another time.

Because they were late.

"Finally, you took forever! Let's go you made us late" She said jokingly.

"Wha-"

"Nope! Come on, can't keep Wilbur and Tommy are waiting" She teased, sauntering past him, disappearing up the stairs

Techno shook his head with a smile on his face, once she was out of sight.

------------

"Holy shit you two took forever!" Tommy whisper- shouted once the 'couple' got within earshot.

"Yeah, Techno had to brush his hair" Nessa said, looking over at Techno with a teasing glint in her eyes.

The Piglin-hybrid simply sighed, deciding it would be best to reserve his energy if she was going to be like this all day.

Nessa was slightly disappointed with the lack of reaction she got for him but refused to waver. She would have to try harder.

"Enough chit-chat, you two. Techno, Grim you remember the plan right?" Wilbur said, clearly restless.

"Yeah, totally. We one hundred percent remember all of the plan. In fact, we remember it so well you should repeat it" Techno drawled, in his usual sarcastic tone.