It stays in The Pit

Techno led a dazed and bloodstained Nessa back to Pogtopia, keeping an arm around her waist, in fear she would collapse if she was to walk alone.

The moment they arrived in Pogtopia, they were being interrogated by Tommy and Niki, both of them were furious at the warriors.

Unfortunately for Techno, Nessa was still in a state of shock, leaving him to defend the two of them, on his own.

"YOU KILLED HIM, TECHNO! WHY DID YOU LISTEN TO SCHLATT?!" Tommy bellowed, furious he had to watch his friend die infront of him again.

It had brought him back to the final control room, where he first saw the light leave the other boys eyes.

Tommy never wanted to see that again.

"I was in a very high pressure situation, Tommy! What did you expect me to do?!" Techno said back, his voice slightly raised as he defended himself.

No one noticed the gleam in Wilbur's eyes when the teenager argued with the God.

"Why don't you fight it out?" Wilbur said.

He was craving some control, after loosing the button today he needed to be in charge of the situation, so he chose to manipulate Tommy's anger in a way that entertained him, to prove to himself that he was still in control.

"What?"

"Heh?"

Sounds of confusion came from Tommy and Techno, their faces displaying their emotions clearly.

"C'mon, Fight! Tommy, Tommy think of what he did to Tubbo, he killed him without mercy right infront of you!" Wilbur said, his frantic voice matching his eyes.

Tommy's face fell blank as he turned back to Techno, his voice eerily calm when he spoke again.

"Why did you kill him Technoblade?"

Blood for the blood god
Kill the child
Orphan obliterator
Spear him with a trident
Permanently silence him
Blood for the blood god

'the voices' Technoblade wanted to say. He wanted to explain, that it wasn't just the people they could see that were pressuring him. It was the voices, it always had been, and it always would be.

"I was in a high pressure situation Tommy, there was like twenty guys there, who would have jumped me if I didn't" Techno explained his voice tense as the voices screamed in the background, a constant unwanted symphony in his head, a melody he would live and die to.

"Tubbo, how do you feel about this? Do you forgive Technoblade? I know I do!" Wilbur said, giggling manically as he finished his sentence.

Tubbo started explaining his stance on his public execution, which inevitably ended with his forgiving his killer.

Tommy wasn't pleased with that, turning to his friend, gently shaking his shoulders.

"Tubbo, he killed you!" Tommy said, disbelief and confusion lacing his tone.

"I know, but he was under a lot of pressure" Tubbo explained in the tone of voice he reserved only for Tommy.

"Tubbo, rile him up! I don't know about you, but I want to see them fight" Wilbur said, trying to instigate a fight Tommy would lose.

"Tommy, if you want to settle this in the pit with Technoblade you can, but I forgive him" Tubbo said, taking his usual neutral stance.

"Techno... You killed my best friend" Tommy started, in a dark tone.