The festival: Part 2

It was time.

As everyone moved in unison towards the podium, many felt a feeling of impending doom settle in their stomachs.

Nessa and Techno had spoken to Tommy moments earlier, the boy informing the two that he and Wilbur were leaving Manberg's fate in Tubbo's hands. Tubbo would decide if Manberg was blown sky high or not, using these words.

"Let the festival begin"

Something was bound to go wrong.

"-And now with no further ado. I'm going to pass the mic to my right hand man, my protégée... Tubbo!" The President exclaimed, thankful no one was close enough to see the predatory glint in his eyes, as he watched his soon to be ex-secretary of state walk up to the mic.

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen" The boy started, oblivious to what was about to happen.

"A wise man once told me that L'manberg is like a lettuce, there are so many layers of tasty and healthy goodness, and once you wash all the caterpillars and worms off the surface, it's a pretty god-damn good meal!" Tubbo said proudly, pausing to allow the crowd a reaction.

"Schlatt has successfully washed all the insects off of our great nation, and with that he has allowed the goodness and tastiness to shine through. Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like you to look around at what we have built today. Look at eachother, all of this... Thanks to democracy, and the leadership of J.Schlatt. Our people have been beaten down by rules and dictators for so long, and now we are finally free, free to elect who we want, free to live how we want, and most importantly free to go wherever we want to, without the confines of those huge black walls. With that in mind I would like to thank everyone for coming to this event-"

Tubbo cut off the end of his speech as Schlatt started laughing.

"W- What's wrong Schlatt?" Tubbo questioned, his nerves made clear from the shake in his voice.

"No it's nothing... I was just thinking, you know we like to have fun?" Schlatt asked rhetorically.

Not giving Tubbo a chance to answer he continued.

"Is that all? Is there anything left in the speech?" Schlatt asked, suspicion seeping into his words.

"Uhh, no. On that note let the festival begin" Tubbo declared, trying to sound as confident as possible.

Nessa's eyes widened as she began to make her way towards the back of the crowd, trying to be as discreet as possible.

However when she turned to make sure Techno was following behind her, she was shocked to see Tubbo, trapped by a cage-like structure, that appeared to have been built into the chair he was sitting on.

"Technoblade why don't you come on up?" Manberg's tyrannical leader asked, once again rhetorically.

As all eyes turned to the blood God, he froze.

He started looking for a safe pair of eyes, eyes he could trust, only to find her several meters away from him.

"Techno? C'mon buddy, we don't have all day here" Schlatt called impatiently, knowing that if there was enough pressure on the man, the God would bend to his will.

Uncertain and nervous, Technoblade made his way onto the podium. Nessa's calculating eyes already scanning the area, searching for anything useful, Wilbur, Tommy, an escape route, even Dream would suffice.

When she found Wilbur and Tommy's hiding place, what she saw both shocked and disgusted her. Wilbur was standing there with the most excited expression she had ever seen on his face, while Tommy was in a state of frozen shock.

Blood for the blood god

What?

Blood for the blood god

Nessa was used to voices inside her head, she had dealt with them for as long as she can remember.

But this was different...

These voices weren't hers.

Blood for the blood god
Kill the child
Orphan obliterator
Blow him to bits
Blood for the blood god
Where's Nessa
Blood
Blood
Blood

Why could she hear someone else's voices?

Being so caught up in her head, she didn't notice Techno's struggle on stage.

Once she snapped out of her dazed stupor, the fireworks had already been fired from Techno's crossbow, their target a seventeen year old boy, who was used by those he trusted.

She was angry.

She was angry at everyone, she was mad at herself, at Techno, at Schlatt, at Wilbur.

So that is what compelled her to march up onto the stage...

She arrived a second after the second firework was fired, the aim on the President and his cabinet this time.

Tommy was already there when she arrived, he was trying to restrain Technoblade from firing into the crowd.

And then the smell hit her, a smell she had missed dearly, a smell that made her head go dizzy in pure pleasure, one that made her snap

Blood

The second she caught the scent of fresh blood, Nessa was gone, the voices were screaming at her and all she wanted was to comply.

So, she did.

She locked her eyes on a terrified citizen down below, and she was thrown back into the hunt that had been paused for far too long.

Faces were blurred and names forgotten as she tore through the crowd of strangers, now viewed by her as nothing more than prey.

Before she knew it, she was standing in a street full of mangled bodies, fighting back against someone who was currently winning.

A flash of pink and red brought her back to earth and dulled the noise in her head.

"NESSA!" Technoblade shouted desperately, fearing he wouldn't be able to hold the upper hand for much longer, the bloodlust in her smile reminding him of his own.

She stopped pushing back against his axe with her own and looked around, her face dropping once she saw the massacre around them.

"What did I do?" She asked, her voice shaking, too shocked to care about the fact she was vulnerable, completely forgetting her anger towards him.

"We gotta go... Now" Techno said urgently, wanting to get out of there before someone caught her- them. Them.

"O-okay" Her voice trembling, starting to come down from the high of feeling anything again.

And with that they made their way to Pogtopia, leaving a blood bath behind them.

--------------

AN-

Boom, new chapter

We get some Niki content next chapter.

You're welcome 🐱