Surprise Boyfriend

She was on his radar

--------------

"Hello boys"

"What can we do for you, miss?" Schlatt asked, charisma oozing from every word he spoke.

Schlatt put on his usual charming facade, he had a thing for strong women.

Unfortunately for him, her eyes saw through his pitiful disguise. Scrutinizing eyes fleeted over his figure, looking for any weakness or cracks in the walls he had built around himself.

He was drunk, it wasn't obvious unless you knew what to look for, the noticeable dilation of his rapidly darting pupils, the slight slur to his speech that was almost unnoticeable to untrained ears, she guessed he was drinking for escapism.

"I was just looking around" She said.

"Well I'm sure we could arrange a tour!" Schlatt suggested, glancing over his shoulder before his eyes caught on the silent fox-hybrid. "Fundy! You can lead us, while I entertain this beautiful dame here" He stated, leaving no room for anyone to protest.

Fundy. She had heard of him, mainly from Wilburs mad rants about anything under the sun that he believed had done him wrong, the main topics of these rants were (aside from the obvious: Schlatt) a salmon named Sally, something called an anteater and Fundy.

"S- sure! If you'll just follow me, miss" The 'treacherous fox' (according to Wilbur) said.

As they set off down the cobblestone path, Schlatt started interrogating her, this was expected from someone like him. He tried using her own tactics against her.

It was fucking laughable.

"So, what brings you to my country today ma'am?" The ram-hybrid started, his words lined with a slight flirtatious undertone.

Great.

"Curiosity, Mr. President"

"Will you be staying?"

"I believe so, the mess you've caused has... intrigued me" A devious smirk crossed her face as she noticed him shift slightly in his designer suit.

"Well, then. Do you know where you're staying? Because I'm sure we can find a place for you here. I know for a fact my place has plenty of room" He said, charmingly.

Schlatt didn't seem like the kind of guy who would back off unless she stabbed him a few times, unfortunately with him being president, she might not get away with that. So she used plan B, the go to for most women who receive unwanted male attention.

"Oh, I'm staying over west with my boyfriend. Thank you for the offer"

"Boyfriend huh? Tell you what princess, I'm going to be holding a little festival in a week or so, how about you come and check it out! Bring your 'boy-toy' or whatever, just be there, okay sweetheart?" The ram-hybrid offered, obviously planning some display of testosterone in order to intimidate her nonexistent boyfriend.

But who was she to say no to a party?

"Sounds like that would be fun, I'm sure we would have a great time" She said, plans a-z already forming in her head.

"Oh, I'm sure"

-------------

"A festival?" Wilbur said, running a dirty hand through his untamed hair.

"Yeah, Tubbo will probably have more details on specifics than I do" She said, very aware of the other pair of eyes on her. Ones that belonged to a certain Piglin-hybrid.

"Of course... Anything else?"

"I bumped into that Fundy kid" She said, carefully watching for any reaction to the name.

"Hmm... Oh? Fundy... How is he?" The man said absently.

"He's okay, I think"

"Good, good"

"Oh, and Technoblade?" She started, looking over her shoulder as she paused her exit out of the room.

"Yeah?"

"I told Schlatt I lived with a boyfriend, who subsequently got invited as well"

"What does that have to do with me?" Techno asked, oblivious as ever.

"Well, Wilbur can't go he's exiled, Tommy and Tubbo are out of the question being children, so that leaves only you" She said, listing off the people she mentioned on her fingers, now fully facing him leaning on the doorframe.

"I- do I have to?"

"Yes."

"Bruh" He said shakily, his eyes catching on the familiar brooch pinned on her shirt.

"Well, be sure to dress up pretty for me Blade" She said, before turning around and sauntering out of the room.

Techno followed after her once he had wrapped his head around the stolen trinket he had just seen, her words bouncing off him, having no affect.

Catching up to her rather quickly, he grabbed her arm, turned her to face him and caged her against the wall.

"Take me out to dinner first" She said jokingly, after getting over her initial shock.

"Where did you get that?" He growled out, obviously not in the mood for jokes.

"Get what?"

"The pin, where did you find it"

"What, this?" She said, looking down to signal towards the brooch, seeing as she couldn't move her arms.

"I found it in a chest, why, is it yours?" She asked, immediately digging for another weakness to exploit.

"Stop, that!"

"Stop, what?" She exclaimed, now becoming increasingly confused.

"That! The thing you do all the time. Looking at everyone, and only looking at their weaknesses!"

Her eyes widened, no one had ever called her out on her behaviour before. No one ever cared enough to notice.

"I have no idea what you mean"

"Bullshit" He said lowly.

She was suddenly very grateful to have a mask that covered her now very red face.

"It's only smart" She defended.

"It's stupid, you can't really expect to make friends like that, do you?"

"Not really, but it sure as hell keeps me safer than any friend would" Her tone was glaringly indignant, as she held her chin up higher, the seven inch height difference extremely obvious in that moment.

"... Why would you tell Schlatt you were dating me?" He asked, the question had been bugging him ever since she had brought up he would be accompanying her to the festival.

"Schlatt seemed like the kind of man who can't take a hint, but luckily for me, men like Schlatt tend to back off another man's 'property' so to speak" She said, distaste at describing herself property obvious on her face.

"What do I call you?" He said after a heavy sigh.

"What do you mean?"

"Well as your 'boyfriend', I can't exactly call you Grim can I?" He said, smirking slightly.

Deciding to play along with his little plan of getting her name, she smiled.

"Nessa"

It was only a name after all

------------

AN-

I give you an ✨update✨

Drink water, eat food, be good.

Bye for now, Hoes xx