The Manila Today

THE MANILA TODAY

[NEWS] Manila Today journalist Jess Hernandes is missing

By Leones Esquival

Published on May 5, 20XX

Jess Hernandes, Manila Today journalist, was found missing on May 3. Recognized as one of the most outstanding journalists in the said media company, Hernandes's fellow journalists are worried about her sudden disappearance. Her brother, Atty. Timothy Jefferson Hernandes, petitioned the public to contact him and his family if Hernandes is found. He also warned that whoever is the person behind his sister's disappearance will pay.

The Kababaihan Sa Media (KSM) released a statement and said that Hernandes's case should be taken action on and that all Filipino female journalists must be protected. Hernandes is also trending on Twitter with the hashtag #missingnotforgotten, as netizens conjecture about the reason for her sudden disappearance from public view. She was seen by the netizens after her live interview on Facebook with Quezon City mayoral candidate Manuel Valiente in April, who spoke of his concern about her disappearance.

"Good evening. I received the news that Jess Hernandes had been found missing. The media is asking for my statement since I am one of the political candidates she interviewed. I hope she is well. We don't want another journalist to be put at risk," said Valiente in a phone call interview.

Other political candidates she had interviewed also expressed their immediate concern and applauded Hernandes's outstanding skills as a journalist.

More than 180 Filipino journalists have been killed in the country in the past decades. And this is why netizens are wary of Hernandes's sudden disappearance. And according to her family, they can't find a way to contact her or delineate her location.

Netizens believed that politics is the cause behind her disappearance. Hernandes is a political journalist who gained outstanding reviews from veteran journalists for her exemplary courage to discuss political issues in the country through her writing.