31 - You betrayed me (Hanseo special)

"Nice to meet you again, remember me?" Seohae asked Jang Inguk, the guy who had sold confidential information about Babel to Vincenzo.

She had him tied up here in the top level of the Babel penthouse at night where the security was at the maximum, and Hanseo, Myunghee, and Seungheuk came along. Hanseok was on his way returning from his ice hockey activity.

"I've done what I did, if you don't like it just kill me." He retorted.

"Silly of you to think I would spare you that luxury." She let out a half-assed laugh, then showed him a video of his wife and son tied up in his house. His eyes widened and he struggled to break free.

"Leave. Them. Alone. What's your deal?"

"Here's the plan." She took another chair and sat facing him, the back of the chair between her legs. "It's only fair you give me information about Jipuragi like how you did with us."

"I don't have information on them."

"Of course you do!" Hanseo shouted. "You interacted with them and Vincenzo must have told you his plan so you betrayed us. Do you think we're stupid?"

"You already know I'm not a patient person, within the next 5 minutes if you don't give us what we want," She shook her phone lightly. "Off they go."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Why not?" She cocked her head.

"They're innocent. Leave them alone."

She got up from the chair. "Isn't it sad that they would pay for something their father and husband did?

"It's not that serious." He replied. "It's just information that won't affect you for more than 3 months."

"The Babel Tower will collapse because of you!" She shouted, and a loud silence followed after. "And I'll kill you. After I make you watch your loved ones die."

He knew by now she had no conscience nor mercy, and it would be useless bargaining with her. He grit his teeth, watching the CCTV footage of his house on her phone that hung by her side.

Hanseo stepped forward, hands in his pocket. "Tell us already you bastard!" He kicked his chair.

A smirk appeared on his face as he looked at Hanseo. "Protecting the Babel Tower?" He let out a chuckle. "Don't be a hypocrite."

"What are you talking about..." Hanseo mumbled under his breath. "Get a load of his bullcrap." Hanseo nervously laughed, pointing at him while his other hand stayed in his pocket.

"I've a quick question for you, Mr Jang."

"We're the ones interrogating you here not-"

"How long have you been meeting up with Vincenzo?"

The room fell silent. Seungheuk wanted to slip away and hoped that question would not be directed towards him. Seohae wished she had not heard that.

"Wh-What are you talking about?" Hanseo finally broke the silence, subtly panicking.

He looked at Seohae only to see her glare, and her eyebrows slightly furrowed. He was used seeing her use that glare on others, but never to him. It was a thousand times more frightening when he was on the receiving end.

"I'm not- I'm not-" He tried to talk again but was interrupted by Seohae.

"What are you talking about?" Seohae asked Inguk.

"I saw him go to dinner with Vincenzo a month ago... they looked really close. I heard something about 'overthrowing Hanseok' and- and the Babel Tower." The corner of his lips turned upwards. Hanseo's eyes started to water.