15 1k reads special - Hanseok's birthday

"Knock off early, let's go somewhere." Chairman Jang ordered.

"To where?" Seohae asked, more than ready to pack up her things and go home.

Hanseok looked up from his phone, looking disappointedly at her. Seohae stared at him cluelessly, waiting for a reply.

He sighed and put his phone back into his pocket. "Never mind, continue working."

Before he could exit her office, she ran ahead to stop him, quickly grabbing her bag.

"I'm ready to go. What's the occasion?"

Hanseok flicked her forehead, walking past her. "Figure it out yourself."

Seohae followed behind him, using all her brain energy to recall any special dates. She shook off the thought of wedding anniversaries since Hanseok wasn't the type to celebrate these things.

"Babel anniversary, no... court? That's on Wednesday. Birthday... Oh Hanseok! Is it your birthday?" She caught up to him. She remembered the time when 5 of them went for a drink to celebrate his birthday, it was somewhere in winter too.

Hanseok didn't reply, and stepped into the open lift. Before the doors closed, Seohae used her prada bag to stop the doors, and slid herself in when they opened again.

"It's your birthday?"

Hanseok replied with an annoyed hum.

Seohae slapped his arm, breaking his stone cold face. "Then you should've told me earlier! Let's go celebrate, aren't the rest coming?"

They walked out of the elevator. "No, it's just the two of us."

"Two of us..? Okay! Where are we going?"

"Ice hockey ring." He replied as they made their way to the parking lot.

---(at the ice hockey ring)---

Seohae took some time putting the skating boots on. Out of all the sports she played, she wasn't good at ice hockey. The last time she ice skated was when she was in school and skated with her friends during winter.

"Have you played ice hockey before?"

Seohae finally tied her the laces and stood up, balancing herself and Hanseok went to offer her his arm she could grab on.

"Not really, not hockey... or ice skating..."
She said bashingly. The few things she wasn't good at.

"It'll be fine, you have knee and elbow pads on."

Hanseok went to switch on the hall lights, with Seohae grabbing onto his arm and taking quick mini steps in her boots to keep up with Hanseok who walked with ease.

The bright white light shone on the ring, the surrounding spectator seats all left in darkness.

Hanseok entered the hockey ring first, and led Seohae in.

"Balance yourself."

"I'm trying."

Before Hanseok could give another advice, Seohae fell and Hanseok couldn't grab her in time, and she fell onto her butt.

Hanseok couldn't contain his chuckle and quickly wiped his smile off, but Seohae had already noticed it.

"Hey don't laugh at me!" She quickly got up and pushed him lightly, but he just skated away.

Now they were a distance from each other. Seohae tried to skate slowly towards Hanseok, but Hanseok just skated further to grab hockey sticks.

"Ah shit, my butt hurts. Why don't they give butt pads?" She rubbed her muscle as she successfully approached him. He passed her a hockey stick.