Chapter 14: Dreams

Dedicated to AnonRyder23, for finding me banners :)  One of them is at the side of this chapter.

Brie’s P.O.V

I followed him.  The dark haired man ahead of me in the open grassy fields.  I smiled to myself, loving the fact that it was just the two of us, out here alone and together.  Just at that point, Remus turned his head to look back at me, waiting for me to catch up.

I walked quickly, not wanting to let him out of my sight.  Being here felt normal, like turning our backs on the world and facing the wilderness.  My heart began to beat fast as the cloudy skies opened, letting a large bolt of lightning hit the ground not far off, lighting up the entire sky.  The place was dangerous, but so intriguingly beautiful at the same time.

Remus smiled and held his arms out to me, so I happily held on, terrified for our lives, but insanely happy at the same time.  Big raindrops began pouring down, but we didn’t move from this dream like place.  It was a state of momentary grace. 

He placed his hands on my hips, but something was wrong, something didn’t feel right.  My instinct did not lie.  Suddenly, Remus’ face scrunched up in pain, making him double over.

“Remus?” I asked frantically.  We were out here alone; there was nothing to cause us any pain.  “Remus?”  The rain was now freely pouring, causing us both to become soaked through in minutes, but I didn’t notice, not whilst someone so close to me was in pain.

Remus was now holding his stomach, gasping for air.  Another flash of lightning struck nearby, the light catching on the silver blade of a dagger. 

I gasped loud and clearly.  “It’s going to be okay,” I told him looking at the wound in his back.  Who had done it?  My mind raced for any possibilities of saving him.  Frantically I pulled out my wand and began performing healing spells.  I’d be willing to do anything to save him. 

Thunder rolled across the skies, and echoed loudly into the atmosphere around us.  It was followed by more lightning, hitting the ground ahead of where we were.  A dark hooded figure stood where it had struck, looking strangely familiar.  The creature pulled back his cloak, revealing the dark yet handsome looks of a devil that we had all come to hear of.  Lord Voldemort.

“Now the half-breed is out of the way, I can finally end this, like it was supposed to be two years ago,” he spoke clearly over the noise of the weather.

Tears began falling freely down my face.  Remus was dying and because of Voldemort.  It was my entire fault.

“Brie?” I heard Remus shout distantly from my arms.  I heard his voice again, calling me, and then suddenly someone held onto my arms, pulling me away from the horrible scene before me.

My eyes opened into darkness, I laid still for a moment, breathing hard.

“Hey,” I heard his voice again, making me sit up straight.  Sitting before me was the one person I wanted to see the most.  Remus had a worried expression on his face, but I ignored it and pulled him into a tight hug.  “It’s okay,” he held me back, whispering into my hair.  “It was just a bad dream.”

My breathing had quietened and my eyes had adjusted to my bedroom.  He was right, it was just a dream.  I pulled back from him, “I’m sorry.”

Remus held his hand to my face, wiping away the silent tears that I hadn’t realised had begun.  “Never be sorry, Brie.”  He pulled me back close again, and I relaxed, feeling safe in his arms.  “Do you want to talk about it?”

I shook my head.  No way was I going to talk about how he, the one person I cared about, had died.  I was happy beyond belief none of it was real.  “You can go back to bed if you want.”  I spoke quietly, not wanting to break into the peaceful night.