🌼20🌼

I got done with work and I grabbed a bunch of daisies for Theo before heading out and driving back home where I was meeting him. He was staying the night and it had been a while since we hung out, just the two of us.

I wanted to make it special cuz I really missed him so I went to the grocery store to pick up some ingredients for dinner. I was gonna cook him some yummy pesto pasta with homemade garlic bread. I got all of the stuff and some watermelon juice for myself and finally went home.

After washing my hands and changing into comfy clothes, I started with dinner cuz I wanted to get it done before he got here. I boiled the pasta while I made the pesto and put it all together with heaps of Parmesan cheese. Yum. After putting the garlic bread in the oven, I prepped the table and even put a scented candle in the middle.

Now my apartment smelled like pesto mixed with Berry Sunrise.

I heard a knock on the door and I quickly ran to open the door and saw Theo waiting outside with a smile on his face and a box in his hands.

I embraced him into a hug and kissed him softly. "I missed you!" I said and he chuckled.

"I missed you too, bub. I got us some brownies for dessert!" He said and I squealed, letting him in. "Woah! This looks so good. Did you do all this by yourself?" He looked around the room and gazed at the food kept on the table. I blushed and nodded. He ruffled my hair and kissed me on the forehead.

"Wait!" I said abruptly and ran to the kitchen to get the daisies I picked for him. I handed them to him and blushed. "These are for you." I said.

"You're spoiling me, Vee but thank you so much. They look adorable. Just like my girl." He commented and I shook my head while blushing.

"Let's eat before it gets cold!" We went to the table and I poured us some watermelon juice with the dinner cuz I felt like it and daddy didn't complain. We started to eat and Theo said that he loved the food.

"I'll clean up, you go select a movie. I'll be right there." He said and I nodded, moving back to the couch to pick a movie.

I scrolled through a list of movies and couldn't find anything to watch. I looked at crime movies, animated, comedy, romcom. I was scrolling and the top of the list was a random movie that was trending so I picked it and waited for Theo to come out.

—————

Theo's POV:

After I did the dishes, I went to the living room and watched as Vee sat there with a little pout on her face and her legs crossed. She was such a cute little person. I loved her so much.

"So what movie are we watching?" I asked.

"There's this trending movie called Believe Me! That one." She said and I shook my head. I had seen the trailer to this movie and I knew it was gonna freak her out especially after what had happened to her. I did not want her to watch it.

"Let's pick another movie. That one looks a bit boring." I tried changing the subject but she pouted.

"Nooo! I wanna watch it. It looks good! It's got good reviews!" She pleaded and I sighed whilst still shaking my head.

"Bub, let's watch a different movie, yeah?" I asked calmly hoping she would change her mind but I was wrong.

"You said I could pick any movie! I wanna watch it. Now you have to watch it with me." The brat in her was definitely coming out but she was right. I did say that.

"I know I did but this movie has some...themes that might not be appropriate for you." I tried to explain it to her.

"I'm a big girl. We are watching it. You said we could watch any movie I picked!" She reiterated and I sighed. I couldn't argue any more. I just hoped she wouldn't get triggered by it.

"Fine."

We started the movie and she watched it with her little concentration face. I watched the movie partially but I was paying more attention to her, making sure she was okay. As the movie started to progress and as the violent themes of abduction and other issues started to evolve, I could see her expressions change.

She snuggled closer to me and dug her face in my side as she watched. I rubbed her upper arm. "N-no watch it." She suddenly announced and I could tell she was getting triggered. I switched the movie to the first animated movie I could find cuz I could tell she was starting to get smaller.

"That's okay, love. How about we watch cartoons, hmm?" I hugged her and I felt a tear fall from her eyes.

"S-S-sorry for not listening." She confessed and I kissed her forehead, telling her it was okay.

"I'll get you some brownies so you can eat them and be all snuggly. Do you think you can wait for me for 2 minutes?" I asked and She nodded. I quickly got up and got the brownies as soon as could. I knew she liked brownies heated up so I did that and went outside to find her snuggled up in the blanket.

I gave her the plate and she got excited instantly. She took tiny nibbles of her food and finished her piece of brownie. Tomorrow was when she was moving in with me and I couldn't be more excited. Since I had 3 rooms in my house, I moved a few things around to make one into a room where she could have her own time. I didn't want to take all her freedom from her as I knew she loved to be on her own at times.

"So, are you excited to move in?" I asked.

"I'm so excited! I can't wait to go on walks and park dates with Milo! And then you can cook me all the yummy food everyday." She said and stuck her tongue out.

I chuckled. "That's fair. Good to know you're more excited to live with Milo than me." I said with fake hurt and she giggled. What a cutie.

She yawned and I pulled her closer to me. "Someone getting sleepy?"

"Nooo! I'm not sleeeepy." She whined and I playfully slapped her arm.

"Okay. Let's just go in and lie down. I'm kinda sleepy" I lied and she obeyed. We went in her room which was kind of empty now since all the stuff was almost packed.

We went inside the warm blankets and I pulled her close to me. She put her head in my chest and just like that, I could hear snoring. Too much for not being sleepy. I stroked her hair and went into deep slumber myself.