🌼4🌼

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

It's gonna be fine, it's gonna be a good date. I have no idea why I was so anxious about this date. There was nothing special about the guy other than the fact that he was so freakin cute and nice and had a good conversation with me till I went to bed last night.

"Rena, are you okay to close up tonight? I'm going out at 6!" I asked as I quickly tied up my hair into a ponytail and secured it with a small scarf. It was already 5:45pm and I was started to get a bit anxious.

He told me he was taking me to dinner at one of his favourite restaurants and I was so excited. I hadn't been on a date in ages!

I cleaned up the back room of the store where we usually make flower arrangements and locked to door so it was easier for Rena later on.

I checked my phone at 5:55 and I had a message from Theo.

Hey love, I'm waiting outside whenever you're ready :)

Heart. Exploded. He called me love. Omg I was a sucker for nicknames. I grabbed my bag and a flower I picked out for him and headed out looking for him on the street.

There he stood, leaning against his Audi with a wide smile on his face. He waved at me and I walked towards his car, blushing on the way.

"Hey! I hope you didn't have to drive a lot to pick me up!" I said as he pulled me into a hug. Let me just tell you, it was the best hug ever. His arms were strong. Oof.

"Nah, not at all! You look lovely by the way. How've you been?" He opened the passenger door for me and I started to settle in. He quickly got into the drivers seat.

"I've been good, thank you. Oh! Here's a flower for you..." I said and gave him the little pink Lily I wrapped in a water sack.

His eyes widened and his smile widened even more. "Thank you so much, Vienna. That's so nice of you! This is lovely. I've never received flowers before..." he was staring at the lily in awe and I blushed.

"Flowers are the best though! I'm glad you liked it. It's a pink lily."

"I love it. Thank you for that." His eyes were still full of awe and he kept the flower safely in the cup holder and started the car.

"So where are we going?" I asked curiously as he started the car. His side profile was so perfect damn. Stop staring, dumbass.

"There's this little restaurant owned by an Italian couple and it has the best pizza ever. Trust me, I take my pizza seriously." I chuckled at that.

"I love pizza! I have high hopes now." I said and he smiled.

"You should." We drove off and made small talk till we reached the restaurant. I even heard him hum to a Shawn Mendes song which was very entertaining. "Ready to go in?" He asked and I nodded, opening the door and stepping out.

He was by my side and before I knew it, we were sitting in the cutest restaurant I had ever been to. It was like I had transported to Italy. The restaurant was mainly open brick with large arch windows and the typical picnic blanket table cloth that covered the wooden tables. It looked like a secluded place in an alleyway and there was no ceiling so I could see all the stars! There were fairy lights everywhere and only 3 or 4 tables. So cute.