1.1 Vistors at Breakfast pt 2

Start from the beginning

His palms grew sweaty in nervousness, something that happened to both him and Harry, as he grew closer to his parents. How did he know what to expect? Instead, he threw on one of his false grins and made the best of it all.

Cooper's arms wrapped around Harry's back, tapping it in a pattern of two, three, two: a combination that they made when they were younger to let the other know of their unwariness. "I do believe that you were speaking of me?"

He could feel his twin's eyes roll. "Go back to Alice, we don't want you here." Was what Harry's voice said, but his fingers tapped the same pattern back to him.

They both were treading on uneasy ground. Harry couldn't handle seeing Sirius and neither could Cooper, especially not Alice, which is why she was hiding with Luna and Ginny. Sirius was a special case for all of them. He was an uncle to all of them, literally for Alice; when he died it seemed like a part of all of them did too.

Lily quickly embraced him and Cooped felt his fingers slipping off of Harry's soft shirt. His arms reacted a few seconds late, wrapping around her so his face breathed in the feeling of his mum for the first time. He could feel tears in his eyes when he pulled back, unashamed to let the others see them, but worried that it might ruin what the movies were trying to show. His dad also hugged him tight, not dwelling for any type of "bro" hug; James gave full bear hugs like any father would.

He got asked about his house—surprised when they didn't comment on the Slytherin part—hobbies, favorite sweets, and normal nonsense items that parents liked to know. Then Sirius became impatient and asked about Alice.

"Might you be dating her?" Sirius piped up from where he had been worryingly quiet. His finger pointed in the direction to where Alice was speaking to Luna. Her body language shouting defensive in the millions of languages that she spoke. 

Before he could answer himself, Harry stepped in and commented. "He is. Him and Ali have been dating forever." He drew out the last word, blinking innocently at the glaring teen boy.

"How long is forever?" Lily raised her eyebrows, arms crossing with interest. 

"Since 5th year I think?" Cooper muttered, trying to count back in his mind.

"She is a Black right?" Sirius spoke up, interrupting his counts. "I mean, her eyes are identical to Regulus's in the light and she has the bone structure we all carry."

The boy fiddled with a silver ring on his finger, delaying the answers because he had no clue where Alice wanted him to take this and he didn't want to talk to a young, healthy Sirius Black.

"Alice is a Black." He confirmed, finally making eye contact with the man that had died in front of him. "She and Regulus look a lot alike..."

Sirius leaned against Remus, his grey eyes narrowing as he inspected his niece. He stayed there for a moment before speaking again. "Why is she isolating from everyone else? All of the rest of you besides her and the other blonde are talking to your families."

Part of Sirius wanted to take a step back when Cooper's eyes flashed dangerously at his words; but he stood his ground and only crossed his arms. The boy glanced him up and down, then looked over to Harry, who only shook his head. James and Sirius watched as they spoke to one another silently, not needing any words to truly communicate.

"Alice needs space; she doesn't want to engage, and she doesn't have to." The words came from Hermione instead of the boys. Everyone turned to face the newcomer at the table.