That was stupid, right?

L A Y L A ' S   P O V

I quite like the travel aspect of this job because I love hotel life.

You always have fresh towels without ever doing laundry, someone else makes your bed and if you run out of something, it appears at your door. What's not to love?

The team and I got called away on a case this morning to Long beach where the victims were found dead from arsenic poisoning and the unsub is leaving handwritten death threats with Greek mythology. Everyone on the team keeps telling me that you'll think you've seen it all.. until you get called on another case. I definitely believe them. Murderers are so weird.

After a long day of examining the victims bodies, it's needless to say I was excited to get back to the hotel and hop into the shower the second Hotch called it quits for the night.

Wrapping a fluffy white towel around my clean body, I step in front of the bathroom countertop when I start my skincare routine.

The hotel did book us the right amount of rooms this time so I didn't have to share with Derek.

Should I be mad about it? No.

Am I? A little.

I pump some of my cerave cleanser onto the palm of my hand and pause, looking at it...I should call him.

No, Layla. No. Sometimes my horny thoughts take over and I have to keep myself in check.

I try to wind down by getting myself comfortable in bed, but I already know I won't be sleeping any time soon.

I've never been to California before so I'd love to go out and do something, but there's also a serial killer around so there's zero chance I'm going alone.

I pull out my phone and decide to text the girls first.

Penelope is obviously back in DC, so that's a no go. I do get a quick response from Emily though, which is just the word 'busy' with a tongue and cat emoji. Considering the lack of response from my text to JJ, it leaves little to the imagination as to what's happening there. I'm not going to analyse that any further, but I love that for them.

I would text Rossi, but last I seen of him a couple of hours ago he was heading to the casino and that's the last place I should probably go. I have shit luck and would loose all my money quicker than I'd win a single dollar. And Hotch, he's definitely held up in his room still looking over case files. I swear that man never rests.

I only have one other option.

So I slide open our chat, shooting Derek a message.

Three dots appear on my screen but disappear so quickly that I frown

But the next thing I know there's a knock at my door and I look though the peep hole to find Derek waiting outside.