It's spooky season, bitches

D E R E K ' S P O V

Decorating your place for Halloween is one thing, but the way Penelope decorated her apartment is a whole other thing.

There isn't a single inch that isn't covered in fake cobwebs, way too realistic skeletons, perfectly carved pumpkins, bloody knife props and practically anything spooky she could get her hands on. There's so much orange and black I think I might have a headache when I leave.

But I love her attention to detail, right down to the eyeball ice cubes in the bright red and glittery concoction she just handed me in a glass skull cup.

"Witches brew," She grins, pumping her eyebrows. "Drink with caution."

I grimace, sniffing it before I slide it back over to her. "I love you, but I'm not drinking that."

I got a frantic phone call twenty minutes ago from Penelope to bring over more candy because she already ran out of it for the trick or treaters at four o'clock in the day. I've never seen her look so grateful than when I showed up at her door with various kinds of bags of candy. I'm sure she wouldn't have ran out if she gave each kid a normal amount, but I just witnessed her give a little girl three huge handfuls solely because her costume was adorable.

"So, how do I look?" Penelope asks excitedly, stepping back and twirling, giving me a good look at her costume.

Her costume fits her personality perfectly. She's dressed as a witch, a dark dress with orange and black striped stockings, a pointy hat and she has a jagged broom with straw hay at the bottom. And it wouldn't be a Penelope Garcia outfit if she didn't dress it up with matching purple accessories.

I lean back against the counter when I grin, nodding approvingly. "You, baby girl, are the sexiest witch I've ever seen."

She swoons teasingly, hand motioning towards herself. "Keep the complements coming."

"What about my costume?" I ask, straightening my tie.

"I see the vision and I like it, but.." She tilts her head to the side, pursing her lips. "It's missing something."

"Glasses?"

"Yes, glasses," She nods, disappearing into her room. She steps out a second later, handing me a pair. "You can borrow these."

I slip them onto my face, grinning. "Better?"

"Perfect. I can't wait to see his reaction," She snickers, teasingly patting her hand to my chest. She picks up the yet again empty candy bowl and makes her way to the kitchen. "Listen out for trick or treaters while I refill this?"

I nod, sitting down onto the couch. "What's the plan for tonight?" I yell out.

"Go to Spencer and Averie's for trick or treating with the kids," Penelope yells back from the kitchen. "Then go to the bar after."

"Sounds good."

My phone buzzes in my back pocket and I pull it out to find three new texts from Layla.