Love is Blind

Beginne am Anfang

While Sarang and her date were being shown to their table, she suddenly stopped right in front of yours.

Lovely.

"Jungkook, Y/N..." Sarang looked you up and down, though not in the way Jungkook had done earlier. "Fancy seeing you two here."

"Hey, Sarang," Jungkook greeted his ex, keeping his cool despite wanting to die in that moment.

Sarang raised her brows. "What, not gonna say hello?"

Oh, she was talking to you.

You gave her a tight, insincere smile. "Hello, Unnie."

She glared at you before turning to Jungkook again. "So, Kookie, how've you been?"

You rolled your eyes at the nickname, having to suppress a gag.

"I've been well," Jungkook responded. "What about you?"

"I'm doing great," she voiced. "Are you guys here on a date or something?"

"Yes, we are," you answered.

"Really?"

"Really," said Jungkook. "Actually, Y/N and I are together now."

Sarang's eyes widened at the news. "You're joking, right?"

"No, I'm serious."

She scoffed, unable to believe what had left Jungkook's lips.

You knew Sarang had the desire to scream at you, but with people around, she wouldn't dare to. She wanted everyone to think you two were friends. Jungkook was aware she hated you though; that was the main reason you were pretending to be his girlfriend.

But god, did you love getting under Sarang's skin.

This entire scheme would be worth it just to see her squirm.

Sarang's date placed his hand on her lower back. "We should sit down."

She nodded at him, and prior to going to their table, Sarang remarked, "Enjoy your meal."

"You too, Unnie," you sneered.

Sarang scowled at you as she walked away.

Fucking cunt.

When she was finally gone, Jungkook exhaled a heavy breath. "That was so awkward."

"You're tellin' me," you muttered, taking a large sip of your wine.

"At least she was cordial."

"Were you even here during that whole interaction? She was awful."

"Alright, I think you're being a little dramatic."

"No, you're just blinded by love," you declared. "Open your eyes, Kook."

***

After Jungkook paid for the meal, Seokjin came out from the kitchen to speak to the two of you.

"How was the food?" Seokjin wondered.

"Perfect as always," Jungkook announced.

You agreed, and Seokjin smiled, delighted to hear that you loved it. He then mentioned he was going outside for a smoke break and inquired if you'd like to join him. You followed Jungkook and Seokjin to the smoking area, never sparing Sarang a second glance as you left the restaurant.

Seokjin held out his pack of cigarettes to you and Jungkook. You rarely smoked, but took one anyway since both men already had. Jungkook whipped out his vintage Colibri lighter and lit the cigarette for you before lighting his own.

"Bet talking to Sarang was a good time," jested Seokjin.

"It was interesting for sure," Jungkook chuckled, inhaling his cigarette.

"Do you know who she's with?"

"No, and I don't want to."

"Was she a bitch?" he asked you, the corner of his mouth quirking up.

"Of course," you giggled. "She always is."

"You're being dramatic again," Jungkook commented. "She wasn't that bad."

"She's always that bad," Seokjin concurred with your opinion. "No offense."

You puffed your cigarette to prevent yourself from laughing.

Jungkook shook his head, but a half-grin was adorning his lips. "You guys suck."

"Oh, c'mon, Kook. Even Jin oppa doesn't like her and he likes everybody," you asserted.

"She's right," Seokjin proclaimed.

"I thought you liked Sarang though," said Jungkook.

"I only told you I did so I wouldn't upset you."

"You can be honest with me, Hyung," he stated.

"Here comes the honesty then: I'm glad you're with Y/N now instead of Sarang."

Jungkook was slightly taken aback by his words. "Damn."

"Well, you wanted me to be honest," Seokjin shrugged.

"No, I know," he averred. "I just wasn't expecting that."

"I'm sorry, Kook. I tried to like her. I really did."

"I think we all did," you chipped in. "She's just impossible to please."

"She seemed pretty pleased when I was dating her," Jungkook noted.

"Because you fucked her every night," Seokjin quipped, flicking the ash from his cigarette.

Your face twisted in disgust; you didn't need to hear that even if you knew.

Jungkook smirked. "Had to keep my girl happy."

Seokjin looked at you, his eyebrows raised suggestively. "Is he keeping you happy?"

It took all your might not to grimace at the question. Luckily, Jungkook whacked his arm so you didn't have to answer. "Don't ask her that, pervert."

"What? I just can't imagine the two of you, y'know...doin' it."

"You don't need to imagine it," he declared. "I don't want you thinking about my girlfriend in bed."

"It's not my fault she's hot."

Jungkook pointed his finger at him. "Don't call her hot either."

"Fine," Seokjin conceded. "I guess I also won't say anything about how every one of our friends wants to get with her."

"They what?"

"Yeah, they all think Y/N's hot too."

Had these two forgotten you were standing right there? They were speaking as if you weren't present. It irked you, and you wished they'd switch the subject to something—anything—other than this.

"Next time you see them," Jungkook began, "tell them I'll kick their fucking asses if I hear them talking about her."