Chapter 70 - Visit to Patrick Office

Chris woke up early and went to his personal workshop, he wanted to do all the checks and balances as he knew he wouldn't have time within the week to evaluate his employees work for him.

After he was thru by noon, he set to visit Patrick company to see Patrick as he wouldn't be able to visit Patrick home, he hoped Patrick was around though as he had not seen any news or post about Patrick or Anita on social media except for the Noble prize award ceremony, and since then he had not heard or seen another photo of Patrick.

Chris got to Patrick company and had to undergo serious check and search warrant by the security men on guards, he wondered how people still come to patronize Patrick with the kind of tight security he had in his company, Chris assumed probably the warehouse and branch offices security wouldn't be as guarded as their main head-office where Patrick normally stay.

Chris was finally let him and escorted to the receiving area, there he sat and waited for Patrick, to finish with the client he was with.

After most of the pending client left, Chris was let in as his next to see Patrick, he knocked and Patrick voice from inside "come in".

"Long time old friend", Chris said as he smiled pretentiously at Patrick and extended his right hand for a handshake with Patrick, Patrick stood up to welcome him properly as Chris was one of his childhood friend he had in City A, accepting Chris handshake with his, Patrick said,
"Welcome man, long time" patting Chris shoulder, then Patrick sat back on his office seat and swirl it

"How's your journey to these place and your people, ?" Patrick asked Chris,

"We are fine, all good, am less busy so I just decided to come say hi to you, you know and to know how my very good friend is doing?", Chris smiled, teasing Patrick.

Patrick smiled back at him, then he stood up, to get Chris, his favorite Non-alcoholic wine from his fridge, obviously not all of Patrick's guest at his office, he do serve drinks except for special visitors and important Client he only serve drinks too. and Chris is one of them, so patrick brought two drinks and went back to get two glass cup, then he took his seat.

Chris asked him first while he opened the cold wine Patrick had brought for him,
"So how have you been, work, family? Chris ask as he poured out the wine Patrick gave to him, inside his glass cup, then he took a sip listening to Patrick.

"Am fine, all good, home is fine" Patrick responded

"Did you travel home of recently?", Chris asked him, still drinking from his glass cup,

"Yeah, I did", Patrick replied him.

"So how about your relationship, I mean the one with the Actress, I haven't seen any recent photo from her or you online,?", Chris asked Patrick like he cared to know about it, Patrick replied him,

"She's fine but I told her we can't continue", Patrick said faintly.

"Why?", Chris asked him as his own heart panicked,

"Hmm..", Patrick sighed first, then he spoke,

"I have reconcile with my child's mother.. you remember I did told you about her before, I said her name was Tina, I recently travelled to the village, so I saw her and tried to amend things with her instead, I told Anita we can't continue anymore as I do not want a polygamy family..  and you know what our custom demands, that I have to pay Tina dowry, and marry her, even though she does not wish to be my with me, I have to do all that for the child's sake and as how our custom demands", Patrick said to Chris

Chris gulped as he put down the cup he was holding, of course he knew of their village custom too, but he knows even if Patrick payed all of that marriage requirement, Tina can still marry another husband if she do not want to be with Patrick, it not a forced marriage, is just done so the child wouldn't seem like a bastard, or someone without his father's background.

Chris was fond of hiding his true feelings about anything, so Patrick didn't suspect any mood change in Chris behavior, Chris then ask him,

"So you meant Tina as already forgiven you?", Looking at Patrick intently to know what Patrick will say to him,

"Yeah, I think she as", Patrick said to Chris smiling, and Chris frowned a little but Patrick didn't notice as he took a sip from his own glass cup,

"What makes you think she as really forgiven you?", Patrick heard Chris ask him again, he smiled,

"She as bro, I took her to my place, and we both had a good time together, I think she loves me but wouldn't want to admit it", Patrick said, smiling sweetly.

Chris head almost wanted to burst as his blood rush became hot, still his temperament wasn't showing, so Patrick didn't notice his mood change,

"I don't get what you are saying, you both had a good time..  how?", Chris asked Patrick, wanting to understand what Patrick truly meant by that.

Patrick laughed out,
"What do you mean, you don't understand me?", Patrick asked Chris laughing,

"I don't understand, make me to understand better",Chris replied Patrick not laughing with Patrick either.

Patrick calmed, and said,
"Bro, I had s*x with her, and she did love it and wanted it too, she can't resist me".

Chris almost reacted to what Patrick just told him, but his brow furrowed. He looked at Patrick with anger, and Patrick notice Chris wasn't finding any of what his telling him funny, so he calmed and said to Chris,

"I intend marrying her soon, she will come live with me in the City, that's why I told Anita we can't continue, I love Tina, and I really do" .

Chris said nothing to Patrick, he couldn't believe his ears. Tina never told him she went to Patrick village, neither did he tell Patrick that he knew whom Tina was, and he was also I love with the same Tina, but what annoyed him most is that Patrick told him, he had s*x with Tina and she love it and wanted more, he remembered he had called Tina last two week and she never picked up and later her phone was switched off, he assumed that was the same period she was with Patrick and she lied to him that her phone got missing whereas she was in the arms of Patrick moaning to Patrick's ear..

"Guy! Chris!, ", Patrick called out to Chris as he saw his childhood friend was looking lost, "are you okay?", Patrick asked Chris next.

Chris regain from his thoughts, he looked at Patrick and said,
"Am fine, am just wondering how she easily forgive you, after what you did to her".

Patrick smiled and look at Chris,
"she's a woman, and if am to be honest, she never really did fought me the first night we meet, just that, she wasn't ready to do it then".

Chris just stared at Patrick, this time Patrick could see the pain in his friend eye, but he didn't understand why Chris will be pained, when Chris wasn't in anyway related to Tina, instead of Chris to be happy for him that Tina as forgiven him, as Chris had been the one whom previously advice him to go seek Tina's forgiveness.

Patrick just smiled faintly at Chris and he tried to change the topic seeing that Tina's topic was beginning to affect his friend mood.

"Guy, let's leave her topic, so how's it with you, have you found anyone yet?", Patrick asked Chris

Chris just stared at Patrick for some minute, then he replied,

"No.. not yet, if I see I will tell you, I haven't found any one who truly love me yet", then Chris tried to finish his remaining wine to calm his nerve, as silence fell between them.

After finishing his wine, Chris stood up, and thanked Patrick, he said to Patrick,.

"Guy thanks, don't mind my mood, am just trying to comprehend the whole thing, I really felt pity for Anita and hope she will be fine, good to know Tina as forgiven you, I will be leaving now, thanks for your time and do take care, don't forget to invite me, when your wedding invitation is out".

Chris hugged Patrick as a form of greeting then he left Patrick's office.