Chapter 69 - Am sorry Anita

Anita was thru with her preparations, she took her car keys and handbag and stepped out of her room.

Mrs Bright just returned from her outting and saw Anita wanting to leave the house, she immediately stopped her daughter,
"And where are you heading too young lady, not even wanting to greet your mother welcome".

"Mom am sorry but I have to go out now, I have an.important audition to attend", Anita quickly replied,

"Really and where's the audition taking place", Mrs Bright inquired just a she took a seat in one of the cushion.

"Mom I will be late, when am back we can discuss", Anita quickly responded and dashed out of their sitting room.

Anita wasn't so good with lies , so she knew once she stammered to forge a lie her mother will catch her immediately, and she does not want them to discourage her plans, as she really want to see Patrick.

She drove of to Pat international Furnitures and parked in the company's garage.

Security in Patrick's company had become tight so she had to undergo some check and search, before she was finally lead in to the receiving area.

Patrick personal assistant was surprised to see Anita as he was told by his boss, that Anita's parent doesn't want him any closer to their daughter again, he hesitated if to let Anita in or not, but he got more confused as his boss was no longer looking sad, he assumed maybe his boss, Patrick had settled his beef with Anita and her family, so he told the secretary to let her in.

Patrick was less busy today as he did not have much work to do, he had employed more staff, so he had enough free time, he wouldn't have increased the number of new employees, but he did so he could spend enough time with Tina, when they eventually got married.

Knock knock!
Patrick heard the knock , he said,
"Come in".

Patrick was surprised to see Anita, he was shocked to see her, Although he really missed her and wondered if she was fine and as moved on, he really couldn't understand why her mother was the one with her phone, he was really disturbed, and wanted to know if Anita was fine.

"Hi handsome, didn't you miss me?",
Anita said walking seductively to Patrick, as she finally took a seat opposite him, she sat facing him, and smiling sweetly to him.

"Hmm... To what do I owe this pleasant surprise, Long time Anita"
Patrick smiled back at her swirling his chair

"You didn't miss me right", Anita frowned a little.

Patrick stopped swirling his office chair and sat up, now facing Anita, he spoke,
"Off course.. I miss you, I did call you severally before, but your mother was the one picking my calls, and she threatened me never to call you again", Pausing in his word he looked at Anita in her eyes saying,
"Same with your father."

Anita didn't say anything, she knew her mother never liked Patrick from the start, but she never expected her father to threaten Patrick, Although her father was Mr Bright, and he never joked nor allow anyone mess with any of his children, she gulped and said,

"So that means, you didn't miss me at all, nor cared to know how I was doing?"

"I cared Anita, I really wanted too see you, but your parent stopped me, am so sorry.. so what would you like me to offer you?", Patrick said, standing up as he walked to his bar to get her a cold drink.

"Am not tasty for any drink Patrick, what I want is you?", Anita replied him bluntly, making Patrick to pause in his track, he breathe out and turn back to the bar to the bar to still get her, her favorite drink and he came back to his seat and gave her the drink , while he went to get his with a glass cup, he sat down back opposite Anita.

"So how's the village and your family doing?, I went to your home to check on you before, they told me, you weren't around and travelled home" Anita asked him next, opening the drink he brought for her.

"They are all fine", Patrick replied her plainly.

"So how about your child, you told me, you just got to know about him recently, have you reunited with him and seen him, or what do you plan on doing?", Anita ask him confusingly.

Patrick stared at her hesitatingly, the he sighed.

He did love Anita too, but he wanted Tina more than he wanted Anita, if Tina had not accepted him this last time that he travelled to the village, he would have considered Anita back no matter what her parents may have threatened him. Patrick raise his gaze to face Anita,

"Anita, I really do like you too, but I do not want to be polygamous, I have reconcile with my child's mother, and will like to marry her, Am truly sorry" Patrick said faintly.

Anita couldn't say anything as the glass cup she was holding slmost fell off her hand, she managed to say,
"But I do not mind that Patrick, I still love and want you, even if you want to marry your child's mother, you can still marry me two, I won't fight her or cause you both any trouble, I just want to be with you".

"No Anita, you deserve batter, am truly sorry, if I didn't have any child with my child's mother either, I will have marry you instead of her, please try to understand me, my people do not support polygamy and as per my village custom I must marry the child's mother so my child wouldn't be a bastard, am sorry" Patrick tried to explain but Anita burst out crying,

"Why Patrick, why did you sleep with her without using protection, you never for once mistakenly did it with me without using protection on but yet you did it with her and even got her pregnant, why?" Anita began to sob.

Patrick couldn't say Anything to persuade her emotion, he felt heartbroken for her too, but he couldn't do anything to appease the situation at hand, he watch her stood up and quietly left after wiping her tear away with her handkerchief, she didn't stop to turn and look at him she just left his office.

**

Chris did not work on Saturday except for his own personal business, which he normally go to check on the sales person he had employed to work for him, he used the opportunity to go visit Patrick in his office as he did not know Patrick's new home address, he really wanted to know if Patrick as amend things with Anita or if Patrick still has Tina in mind.

Chris was really worried about it, he knew his company wouldn't just give him another leave as he was previousky given a 2weeks leave not too long ago, when he had travelled and spent time with Tina, and the leave was granted based on his only sister marriage ceremony, which he must attend, now he was asking for another leave, the company didn't see any thing significant as to why Chris should be granted another leave, so they kept his request on pending till they were ready to attend to it.