Chapter 25 - Shocking resemblance

Patrick became a little uncomfortable, never had he taught there was a possibility Tina was pregnant for him, let alone had a child from that awful night, the worse was that the child resembles him and he didn't even noticed the resemblance until some few admiring little Godsent started calling him the little boy's dad, especially with the lady customer that publicly embarrassed him before Mamatina.

Patrick was quiet, his legs became heavy for him to walk away, or go back in to his car, after the lady customer left, there was a minute silent between him and Mamatina, and Patrick wandered probably Mamatina could had noticed his resemblance with the baby too.. he was still quiet with his face down, before Mamatina broke the silence and said,

"Don't mind that my lady customer, she talks too much, don't take her words serious, you know",

Patrick breathe out, and asked, "His he your baby?"

Mamatina smiled and told him, "No his my daughter's baby, My grandchild".

Patrick shoulder slump , he couldn't believe his ears, he felt like a bucket of ice water just poured on him, he became a little uncomfortable then he asked,
"Where's your daughter, I haven't seen her around, where's his mom?"

Mamatina answered, "She's not around, she doesn't come with me to the market",

"Oh! Okay, I remember that last time I did asked about her , you told me she travelled to your sisters place", Patrick said

"Oo!, I remember now, was it you, that came with a red car like that", Mamatina asked

"Yes, yes am the one", Patrick answered

Mamatina smiled and said, "Yes my daughter travelled then,she wasn't around, she had returned since though, but she's doesn't come to the market again"

"Please ma, where's she, I really want to see her"

Mamatina raised an eyebrow, then she told him, "she not here, she's learning tailoring",

"Oh okay, I jus want to see her, when will she come to the market" Patrick asked.

Mamatina told him she doesn't know yet, still looking suspiciously at the young man in front of her, then Patrick selected some fruits, payed and bide her Good bye.

**

When Mamatina got home that day from the market she was just reflecting if it was possible or possibly true that the young man she saw today at the market was actually the one whom impregnated her daughter, how possible.

Mamatina taught,"from the look of that young man, he doesn't seem like a poor man at all, was he not the one that dash my son Jude, money the other time like that.. how possible, where did Tina meet such a man, hmm", thinking about all these Mamatina didn't even know when her daughter came back and walked in to the house.

Tina normally return back late in the evening from her working place, though before Tina had returned, her dad and brothers were already at home before her, so when Tina finally came back, her mother couldn't help it but speak to them all what she saw today in the market,

"Papatina do you know a customer of mine actually came to buy something and this young man resembles Godsent very much just that his dark in complexion", Tina heard what her mother just said and her heart skipped a beat.

Papatina said, "it can be possible Godsent just seemed to resemble the person or don't people look alike to people they do not know before"

Mamatina shaked her head , "I do not think so, he resembles Godsent so much and even one of my talkative customer mistook him as Godsent dad, while talking to him",

Papatina jus frowned and said, "You women like assuming things, so because the young man resembles Godsent that automatically made him Godsent father, does Tina not know who impregnated her", Papatina said while turning to his daughter.

Tina was quiet all thru, she couldn't as well believe what she just heard her mother say, Papatina turned to tina and asked her,

"Tina don't you know who got you pregnant, who is the person?.. since your mother and you as kept it a secret, and you do not want to tell till today, or where you gang raped?" Papatina asked.

He had wanted to ask but since he wasn't around since and just returned he couldn't ask them since non of them wanted to tell him about it before. Now they where begining to assume his Grandson father, it could only mean one thing, 'His daughter was either gang raped or doesn't really know whom the father of her child was'. Tina was quiet.

"Answer me!", Her father shouted at her,

"No I wasn't gang raped, God forbid", Tina said.

"Then that means you know who got you pregnant, right" Papatina asked her

"Eh!, Heh! I know him,if I see him" , Tina answered.

"What do you mean by that, so you don't really know who got you pregnant, no wonder your mother is assuming things, Silly girl, will you get me my food, I do not have time for you and your mother silly assumptions, when you both are ready to talk, you let me know, for now, Mamatina bring my food let's it",

Papatina ended the discussion and requested for them to eat, he doesn't want to get his heart troubled so it is better to leave the matter as it already was, besides Godsent is his own grandson, and Tina's son so he doesn't have anything much to worry so long the child was still his blood.

**

Patrick got home that day feeling heat, confused, and worried sick. He remembered the cute little baby son he had seen at the market, he was as Fair as white with shining bright eyes, he also admired the little boy cuteness, not knowing he was his son.

If Mamatina was right about the little son being her grandson then it could only mean that the cute boy was his son, and result of the affair of that night he had forced himself on Tina, he frowned.

Why didn't her mother tell him all these while that her daughter was pregnant, he taught,
"how will the woman even tell him about her daughter when she doesn't really know him or knew he was the one that got her innocent daughter pregnant", Patrick sighed thinking about all these.

He couldn't eat that night as he was restless thinking of how he will request to see Tina, he really wanted to see her, he misses her and still feels for her, he sighed and went to sleep.

**

Tina was restless all through the night as well, after her meal, she had called her mother to confirm if what she said previously was actually true, her mother told her of course it was true.

Mamatina vividly remembered she had seen that young man severally before, but then Godsent had not yet been born, she told Tina that "even a certain time like that, the young man had even dash Jude money one time and she had used part of the money to pay Jude school fees".

Tina was speechless, she couldn't believe that Patrick as been coming to look for her since, inside of her she felt happy, but on the outside she was sad.

She couldn't own up to her mother he was the one that got her Pregnant, she couldn't still believe it and she wandered how she will face him when they eventually meet, because obviously her mother said he was still asking after her, and seeking to see her.

Her mom was even begining to suggest to her not to go to her tailoring workplace but rather follow her to the market so that she can as well meet with the young man to know if he was truly the one (Patrick himself).

Her mother told her he seemed like a big man, and she had seen security escort with him, and mother asked her where she knew patrick from, in case he was the one that she has been seeing in the market, Tina told her mother, she doesn't really know him.

Still Mamatina insist that she must take a leave off from her tailoring training so that she can meet the young man that as been requesting to look for her since, Tina became angry, she doesn't want to meet the man, 'what if he was really Patrick', she thought, before retiring to bed, wandering how things will unravel itself when they eventually meet.