In The Stars

We were walking by the park, me and my best friend, Park Jeongwoo. The afternoon breeze touches my face and I am pretty sure that both of my cheeks are redden by the wind that is blowing. My body are covered with many layers of clothes, not to mention that my hand is tucked warmly in my pocket and the other one is tucked securely in Jeongwoo's pocket coat. He said that he is freezing and wanted to borrow my hand to warm him up but I know that it is only his reasoning. It's the other way around, he wanted to keep me warm since I get cold easily. He is one of the sweetest guys I know.

After a few days trapped mentally and physically in my apartment, finally today I went out. If it wasn't for Jeongwoo who persuaded me with all his might, I wouldn't gone out. If it wasn't for Jeongwoo who took me to the bathroom to have a shower,  who prepared my clothes that I am currently wearing, I wouldn't be walking and feeling the afternoon sun which is my favorite.

He tried his best to make me laugh and honestly, he was my laughing button and still are. I couldn't remember a single time where he made me sad or cry. I am currently laughing because he made a silly dance and let the other people who happen to passed by us, looking at him in a funny way perhaps thinking he runs out of his medicine.

"See, you laugh!" he chuckled as he throws his arm around my shoulder, pressing it closer towards him. Yes, it has been days since I laughed or even smiled.

A few minutes of walking, we arrived in the Hangang River. The place that I used to go to with my other best friend that I accidentally fell in love with. The best friend that had me crying for days. The best friend who took the best of my heart and left the rest in pieces. I don't know why I am still holding on to something that is dead and gone. It hurts so hard for a million different reasons but the main reason is that I still can't find a way of letting him go. My tears are dry, even if I wanted to cry, there's nothing more left. My sorrow drained me to the lowest bottom of life.

Watanabe Haruto. He decided to stop breathing in front of me that night. The night where the accident happened in front of my eyes. It was hit and run and I hope whoever took his life, turn themselves to the police. It's the least they can do for taking the life of my love. I sighed heavily trying to control my emotion, to let them sink, like the sun that is now sinking on the horizon of the Hangang river.

I felt hands circling my shoulder from behind. I know it's him, I know it's Jeongwoo.

"Why can't I be him, hyung?" Jeongwoo whispered beside me ears.

"Is my hug not warm enough, Kim Junkyu?" He added with a painful chuckle in the end.

Actually, I don't know why. I don't know why the person who gives us sorrow are the ones who always wins against a person who offers us a million laughs.

I turned around only to see Jeongwoo with the expression that I never knew he has. Expression of desperation. His bright smile he showed earlier are now dimmed. It hurts. It hurts to the point that I can not do anything about it.

"Thank you for loving me genuinely." I said as he erased the tears that wouldn't stop falling from my eyes, my heart thudding painfully. I thought my tears were far gone a few days from when Haruto died, but I was wrong. Now, my tears fall for Jeongwoo.

He pulled me closer to his chest. The heat radiating from his body making me warmer.

"Hyung." He whispered sweetly into my ears.

"I wanna tell you something. If ever in the future, you are falling in love again... fall in love with me." He loses his grip and walked away, taking the warmth with him, leaving the coldness that pierced to my skin and bones.

That night, the river, the trees, the night lamps and the stars are the witnesses of me losing my best friend, again.

Hello fellas!! It's been ages since I update here on Wattpad.

Here is another One Shot of Harukyu and Jeongkyu story.
It's based on a song which I have attached above. I also inspired by a page of a book that I saw on Twitter. I forgot the name of the book as I wanna search again, I lost it :(

Anyway, Happy Reading!
Please leave a comment!
Lovealots!