Goodie-Two Shoes

K A T  A R A

I felt myself freeze up internally to his question and I want to ignore him at first but that would be so rude.

He's here to protect us and I should be very grateful seeing as he's risking his life for us all.

I give him a small smile and say, "Of course, sit anywhere."

He pulls the chair across from me out and sits down. Luckily the table is long and we have a good distance from each other.

There was an awkward silence as we both started eating and I hate being put in situations like this, so I decided to break the ice.

"I hope your stay here has been nothing but welcoming and if you need any help you can ask any one of us at the estate and we can help."

He smiles and says, "My stay here has been very welcoming thank you, I actually didn't expect this much kindness."

I laugh and say, "Oh yeah if none of the women were here you would've had to deal with a completely different setting."

"I bet," he says while keeping his eyes on me.

"Mr. Romano isn't always this kind and welcoming, I just found it strange for a second," he says while giving me a small fake smile.

The silence comes back and I can feel my anxiety from the energy in the room. I felt at ease with Pierre, I just don't know his intentions.

He decides to speak up and says, "You probably keep Mr. Romano this calm, yes?"

Goosebumps rise on my arms and I pick up my spoon and sip on my stew and with attitude ask, "Yes, and why does that matter to you?"

I didn't care if this man was gorgeous or protecting us, if he's going to question me about my man, I'm immediately going to get defensive.

He puts his hands up in mock surrender making my me stare him down.

He says, "No need to get mad, I just couldn't believe he's settled down."

I calm down and feel my shoulders sag and I frown and say, "You could've just said that from the start, here I was getting all defensive."

He chuckles slightly and says, "I see why he likes you, tu es.....fougeuex. Je les aime fougeuex."

(Translation: you are feisty. i like them feisty)

Is he flirting!?

Because I 100% know French and I 100% understood what he just said to me.

Oh god, Leo would definitely kill this man.

I decide not to entertain it and effortlessly say, "Et vous êtes très audacieux, tu as de la chance que Leo ne soit pas là."

(Translation: and you're very bold, you're lucky Leo isn't here)

His demeanor didn't change at all and instead asks, "You're French?"

"No I'm not, don't change the subject."

He was confusing me so much and I didn't get why he was saying this all so nonchalantly. He does know Leo would kill him...right?

He laughs and says, "I'm not scared of Mr. Romano and for as long as I've known him, I don't think anyone could convince me enough to be scared of him."

Huh, they must be good friends then.

I tread lightly and asks, "Soooo distant relative?"

"Oh no, more like.... private school friends."