Chapter 10

Chapter 10 \\ New Year's Eve \\ WICELA

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter series nor everything that comes with it. The rights go to J.K. Rowling. The only things I own are the holes in her stories that I filled with my fantasies.

Updated: May 4 (2016)

 :: :: ::

"So Kels, what did you do today? I highly doubt it will be even a tad more eventful than my day?" Scorpius asked, while he put his arm around Kelsey. She laughed and leaned against him. Rose had gone to bed already and the rest of the friends who had visited were long gone. He'd felt lonely after the hearing. Rose had been really quiet and they hadn't talked much. Like he was used to, Scorpius put his loneliness in the game he loved so much; a drink and a girl never bored him before. So there he was, sitting on Rose's couch with a girl who was almost throwing herself at him. It hadn't even been much of a game and it made him laugh. That kind of girls were so pathetic.

"Actually," Kelsey begun cheerful, "I saved a kid's life today." Scorpius tried to be the kind boyfriend that was impressed and admired her, but he wasn't. He knew this girl now for a few weeks and she didn't do those kind of things, so he was waiting for the moment she told him it wasn't actually her save - which she did as soon as he sort of began to fall asleep.

"You're a hero," he whispered in her ear and she laughed again. His cheek touched hers and she stopped breathing for a second.

"Don't kill yourself, you might need your breath," he said and yet again, she laughed.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine as long as I'm with you," she whispered back. It was cheesy and desperate, but it had to do. So he kissed her and she kissed him back. It wasn't passionate or fiercely. It was more desperate than the cheesy pickup-line she'd used, plus it was desperately sentimental. She'd been like this the whole time they were together. Maybe they just needed time so he could get used to it. Maybe he should try to make it work. He'd been drunk, too drunk, every time he'd been with her. Kelsey wasn't the right target for that kind of fun. She actually liked him more than only for the looks and the cheesy talks and he was confused. Last time he'd done a reality check, he'd found himself fallen in love with Rose Weasley. The only question that remained was: was she worth waiting for? She was like a dead end. She'd turned him down a million times. Part of time he'd been joking, the other part he hadn't, even though he wasn't even aware that there was another option than joking about it. There was one time that Rose actually didn't turn him down and he'd seen how that ended. They opened up to one another, but only to fight about it some hours later. Would it every time go like that? Scorpius knew that acted like someone who didn't care that much and partly, he really didn't care, but Rose had somehow managed to get a grip on things and let him care. She made him care about what he was wearing or how he was acting around her. Caring about even the smallest of things and it was crazy. On the other hand, she also hurt him a lot with every time she ignored him or gossiped about him or turned him down again. How many times of turning him down was he going to tolerate? How many times getting hurt was going to be too much? Kelsey had been a lot easier and a lot less complicated. She liked him, she admitted it and she acted like it. She wanted him in more than only a sexual kind of way. And maybe, she was starting to fall for him. He'd been teasing her - or, as she saw it: flirting with her. It didn't feel wrong, it actually felt more like teasing a friend to him, but it didn't matter. Perhaps it was for the best if he let his complicated feelings for Rose fly away and be more of a boyfriend to Kelsey. That girl deserved it too.

:: :: ::

"So...you and Kelsey, hm?" It had been the first in over a week that Rose talked to him - that, if you'd say four words and a scratching throat counts as talking. Still, Scorpius wasn't surprised she wanted to talk to him, as she caught them an hour ago in the kitchen and let just add for the love of Merlin that they weren't naked. Not fully. Yet.