eighty-three: sundowning

Start from the beginning

Derek glanced at young Kennedy, who silently sat there, staring up at him. "Alpha, Beta, Omega,"

"Again."

"Alpha, Beta, Omega," Derek fell to his knees, and both Kennedys saw the emotionless look on these peoples faces

The woman rose a brow, as if she was bored. "Again."

"Alpha, Beta, Omega," Kennedy looked at Derek fearfully as his eyes turned blue, and his teeth were bared.

"Again!"

"Alpha, Beta, Omega. Alpha, Beta, Omega," As if timed perfectly, The woman put her hands over young Kennedy, ears, the loud scream from Derek being muffled. Older Kennedy stumbled back as she looked over in astonishment.

The young girl pulled away from the woman. Kennedy frowned, watching her eight-year-old self trot up to the screaming Derek. Derek's electric blue eyes landed on Kennedy as she reached out, holding out her small hand. Derek seethed as he looks at her. She wasn't scared of him, even with the glowing eyes, pointy teeth, and claws. He was just Derek.

Kennedy woke up covered in sweat. She couldn't stop thinking about everything she saw. These people, she knew them. Perhaps they were taken too, she thought as she got ready for the day.

Scott poked his head into her room, smiling softly. "Hey,"

Kennedy looked over, packing her bag. "Hi," She chirped nervously, standing up straight. "You don't have to come pick me up every day. I have a car." She informed him as he walked further into her room.

"Well, with everything going on, I don't want to lose you," Scott confessed as he reached to wrap his arms around her. Kennedy visibly tensed as he did. The sadness brewing in Scott's eyes were hard to miss. "You're still thinking about who we're missing."

The girl pursed her lips. "You didn't see what I saw, Scott. I was into this person. Hell, I was in love with him. He and I slept together the night you got bit!" Kennedy peeled Scott's arms off of her like toxic glue. He frowned as she stepped away from him.

Scott shook his head. "That doesn't mean anything to me, Ken. I know you." The girl watched as her boyfriend took steps toward her. "I've been in love with you since we were kids. There's nothing that can change that."

"Are you sure?" Kennedy whispered. "What if, we remember who we're missing, and it's someone that could end all of this? What if you two had some crazy deal after he slept with me that I was completely off limits and it would be groundbreaking if one of you broke the deal? What if I caused some horrible fight between the two of you and you'll have to choose between me or him? Or what if I dated this guy and we were totally in love until I cheated on him with you and now we're in this god-awful storyline where we are horrible friends? Or what if-"

Scott cut off Kenney's ramblings, placing his lips against hers softly. For a moment, the Stallard expected to melt into his arms like putty. But she didn't. She pushed her lips against his on instinct, but to her core, she knew it was wrong. Scott pulled away, his hands framing her face. His eyes which reminded her of melted chocolate stared into her hazel ones. "I don't care about the what ifs. Not right now." Scott's hand pushed Kennedy's hair back, a small smile on his face. "You're everything to me. You know that." The Stallard nodded her head as she swallowed the lump in her throat. "And you know I will do everything I can to let you know that. It's me and you til the end, just like always."

Kennedy smiled softly. "No matter what?" She asked, her voice quieter than usual.

"No matter what."

The Stallard girl nodded her head, biting her tongue. "There's something else." She said finally. Scott frowned as Kennedy pulled away. She hopped onto the small platform where her desk was, picking up a notebook and handing it to Scott. It was a drawing of a family. A family of three, to be specific. It was a woman and a man. They were young, maybe in their early twenties. The woman had long dark hair and dark eyes. The man next to her had lighter eyes and a mischievous smile. In the woman's arms, was a small baby, wrapped in a blanket. Scott looked at Kennedy for a moment, taking the drawing from her hands. "I don't think our friend is the only person I know taken by the Wild Hunt."