Chapter 53: Changes

Torys pov
I went back downstairs and Anthony was looking through our fridge.
"I'm giving you one last chance to leave before I call the cops." I said
He slammed the fridge door and turned to look at me.
"I already told you, go ahead and call them. I don't care." He went back to the living room and sat down.
As soon as he sat down josh walked in.
"Brother hey how are you." He said while extending his arms. Josh pushed him away and said
"What are you doing here."
He laid back and said
"I just wanna talk."
"Bullshit what do you want, money?" Josh pulled out his wallet and threw $200 at him.
"Here fucking take it. Now leave."
Anthony grabbed the money and threw it back at him.
"I don't want your money. Like I said I wanna talk."
Josh sat down and I sat next to him.
"What."
"Give me a chance man you haven't even gave me a chance. I've been clean it's hard to believe but it's true. Listen I'll only stay with mom just until I can get back on my feet. I promise."
"I don't care what you do. Just stay away from me and Tory. You can do whatever you want with mom but I don't want any part of it."
Josh stood up and opened the door.
"You can leave now Anthony."
Anthony looked at me and rolled his eyes.
As he left he looked at me and said
"This bitch changed you josh." Josh pushed him out the door and slammed it.
I felt a tear sliding down my cheek. Why was I crying? Words never get to me.
Josh sat back down with me and he hugged me.
"You okay?"
I nodded.
"Yeah."
"But do you think what he said is true?"
"That I changed you?"
Josh shook his head.
"No Tory come on. I mean you did but in a good way you know? It's nothing bad I promise."
"Im gonna go sleep. I'm tired." I said
I grabbed a water bottle and headed up to our room.
Joshs pov
I stayed in the living room and watched some Netflix. I could tell Anthony's comment bothered Tory. She always took things like that to heart, and they would eat her up inside.
I finished watching my show and I went to bed. Tory was laying down and I could just hear her sniffling. Usually when she did that it meant that she had been crying.
I laid down next to her and I hugged her from behind.
"You okay?"
"Yeah Im fine."
"Goodnight." She said softly.
4:30 am
My phone kept going off and ringing. I tried to ignore it but it was getting annoying.
"Mom what do you want. It's like 4 in the morning."
I said groggily.
"Your brother hasn't came home yet and I'm worried. Have you seen him? Has he talked to you?" She asked panicked.
"No mom i haven't. I told you this would happen. I'm sorry but that's not my problem."
I hung up on her and went back to bed. It sounds harsh but Anthony wasn't my problem anymore and I told my mom I wouldn't help and I meant that.