Chapter 37: See you soon

Torys povWe got our boba and we drove back up the hotel

Torys pov
We got our boba and we drove back up the hotel. Before we could even park I got a call from my dad.
"Hey dad what's up?"
"Tory you need to come home now... we need to talk it's serious."
I got scared my dad wasn't the type of person to be scared of anything but I could hear the fear in his voice.
"Um okay, let me get my things and I'll head down there."
I hung up and I just looked at josh. I wanted to cry and he just hugged me. He knew I was about to break down.
"Let's go to my dads. He said it's important, go get the things and I'll wait here." I said
He nodded and went to check out.
We got to my dads house and he was sitting in the living room with his wife.
We sat down and he looked up at us.
He looked like he had been crying.
"We have to move down to Carolina... grandmas sick her cancer came back. I want us all to spend the time she has left with us with her. I know you have your life now Tory but I really need you to do this with us."
I started to tear up. My tears went down my face and I couldn't hold them back.
"So like all of us? How long?" I asked
"As long as she has. Maybe a year or so we aren't really sure."
"But Tory please we need to be there together as a family." He said
I looked at josh and I could tell he didn't want me to go.
"Uh I'm going to step outside with josh I'll be right back."
We stepped out into the back yard and he just hugged me.
"I have to go josh. She's my grandma." I said while crying into his chest.
He stroked my hair and he said
"I know...." He stayed quiet for a while and said
"Go... it's okay."
I looked up at him my eyes were all red from crying and I had snot coming out of my nose.
"I'll be okay.." he said
We hugged for a few more minutes and we stepped back inside.
We sat back down and I said
"Okay. I'll go..."
"We're leaving tonight. Go ahead and pack. We will go pick you up."  He said
Me and josh headed home and I started to pack. I packed in silence. Josh just sat in the living room. I could tell he was upset about this whole situation. I finished packing and we waited downstairs for my dad.
"So I guess I won't be seeing you huh." He said
"I mean you could always visit." I said
"I'm gonna miss you. What am I gonna do without you?"
I rested my head on his shoulder.
"You'll figure it out."
My dad honked his horn and we both stood up.
He hugged me tight, as if it was our last one ever.
"I love you." He said
"I love you too dork."
He lifted up my head and kissed me.
He looked me in the eyes and said
"I'll be here when you get back. I promise baby girl."
I smiled and grabbed my suitcase.
"See you soon." I said
I got into my dads car and josh waved goodbye. As we pulled out of the driveway my chest started to hurt. I had just left a piece of me behind, my other half. It didn't feel right.
I didn't know how long I would be gone, but I knew he would wait for me.. he had to.
North Carolina
We pulled up to our new house and it was cute.

"This is kinda cute

"This is kinda cute. You didn't go overboard with a huge house this time." I said
My dad sighed.
"Yeah well it's only temporary."
We walked in and I went straight to my room to set up. The house was already furnished which was good. My dad must have ordered everything here before we could get here.
I texted josh and let him know I got here safe.
Me: here at the new house.. we made it safe
Babe❤️: sounds good. I'm glad
Josh's pov
I woke up the next morning and I was glad Tory had made it to Carolina.
I needed to get my mind of thing so me and vinnie decided to go out.
He picked me up and we drove down to the arcade.

I was super hungry so we decided to eat first

"So how long is Tory going to be gone for?" He asked
I took a bite out of my pizza and said
"Not sure but I mean she can take the time she needs. I'll wait for her."
"Dude I saw your social media girls are already on your shit since they found out that Tory left. These bitches are going to be all over your dick."
"Yeah well they're just bitches and Tory is my girlfriend." I said
"I don't know man. Sooner or later you're going to need some."
"Nah that's what my hand is for." I said
He just laughed.
"Ole reliable." He said
I wasn't going to let anyone between me and Tory. Even if she wasn't here I was still going to respect her.