Chapter 24: Recipe for Disaster

Josh's pov
I was in my room just laying there. I felt numb. I didn't want to talk to anyone let alone see anyone.
Knock knock
"What." I said vaguely
The door opened
"Honey Tory is here. She wants to talk to you. She's downstairs." Said my mom.
"Tell her I'm asleep."
I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and I knew it was her.
"Josh?" I heard her say. She turned on my lights and I just laid there.
She sat down on the bed and she put her hand on my shoulder.
"Josh we need to talk. Please."
I stayed silent.
"Josh please. Talk to me. What's wrong."
"Tory just leave please. I'm fine."
She moved the blanket exposing me.
She grabbed my arm and I sat up.
"Josh what's this? What happened to your arm? Are you hurting yourself?"
I stayed silent. I just looked at her and pulled away.
She started to cry.
"Babe please talk to me. This isn't healthy for you. Look at you! You're burning yourself now, you're not eating, you look like a ghost! I don't even know who you are anymore." She sobbed. I stood up and she tried to grab me.
"Tory please!" I yelled
"Just leave."
She stood up and just looked at me with tears in her eyes.
"I won't stop trying josh, I won't."
She left and I laid back down. I started to cry I felt like shit for hurting the girl I love, but I didn't want her to suffer because of me. The best thing to do was push her away.
Torys pov
I sat in my car in joshs driveway just sobbing. This wasn't working. I felt so helpless. What kind of girlfriend am I if I can't help my own boyfriend through his problems?
I knew what I had to do. I didn't want to do it but I had to put my pride aside. I got out of my car and walked over to my dads house. I rang the doorbell and he opened the door.
"Hey dad.."
"Tory, hey it's nice to see you."
"Come in." He said.
We sat down in the living room and we sat in silence for a while.
"I know Im not in the position to ask for any favors right now dad, but I need help."
"What happened?"
"Josh isn't doing well. He's hurting himself and I don't know what to do anymore. I know you have a friend down at the Mental Health Center, could you maybe call him to come get josh? I know it's a lot to ask for but dad I love him and I don't want to lose him." I sobbed
He let out a sigh.
"Tory you're my daughter, and I hate to see you this way. It breaks my heart."
He paused.
"I'll make a few calls, and I'll try to get him admitted to the hospital."
I gave him the biggest hug. I wanted him to know how thankful I was for this. We had our ups and downs but he knew I loved him deep down.
"Thanks dad."
He smiled.
"No problem."
I drove back home and waited for my dad to text me. My anxiety started to build up. My hands started to clam up, I just wanted to throw up.
Ding ding
Dad: My friend is coming now to pick up josh. You might want to go there now and get him ready.
I texted joshs mom and let her know what was happening.
Me: Hey! Can you get a bag packed for josh? I got him help.. this should be good for him.
Future mother in law🥰: okay thank you Tory, this means so much!
I drove over to joshs house and my dads friend was already there. Josh's mom opened the door and she was with josh.
"What the hell is this? Some kind of intervention?!" He said
"Josh just go. You need help, I'm worried about you we all are." Begged his mom.
He looked at me and he just shook his head and started to walk to the car.
He pointed at me and said
"Don't ever talk to me!" That sentence broke my heart. I knew he didn't mean it, deep down he knew this was good for him. All I could do now was wait...
1 month later.. Joshs pov
"Hey josh what's up man! You down to go down to the game room later?" Asked Jeremiah.
He was one of my friends I had made here at the hospital. Jeremiah is 17 and he tried to commit suicide by hanging. He wasn't successful because his mom found him just in time, and brought him here.
"Yeah man I'm down. Just let me go to this session and I'll meet you down there."
"Alright cool."
I walked down to my counselors office and he was already there waiting for me. I sat down across from him.
"How are you doing today?" He asked
"Good, i mean Im better."
"Anything on your mind you want to talk about today besides the usual?"
I shook my head.
"Nope."
"So let's start off where we left off last time. We were talking about your girlfriend Tory."
"Have you talked to her recently this past month?"
I looked down and just fiddled with my hands.
"Uh no i haven't."
"The receptionist tells me that she's came to visit you everyday since you've been here but you've denied seeing her. What's that about?"
"I don't want her to see me here. I've hurt her enough already. I don't deserve her."
"Why do you think that?"
"Look at me man I'm in a mental hospital."
"Obviously but there's something more there."
"I think you try to distance yourself from people you love because you feel like you'd ruin them or even hurt them. You're distancing yourself from Tory because you think you're making her miserable when in reality your hurting her by ignoring her and pushing her away."
I stayed silent.
I stood up and just left.
"Josh we aren't done!" He shouted
I ignored him and continued to walk away.
I went over to the gaming area and Jeremiah was there playing air hockey.
"Hey man. How did it go?" He asked
"It was fine."
"The lady from the lobby came and she was saying that some girl came looking for you. I told her you were in a session."
"Did she say the name of the girl?" I asked
"No but I think she's still there. Maybe you can still see her."
"Hold up I'll be right back." I asked one of the nurses if I could go down to the lobby because I had a visitor. One of them took me down there and took me to the visiting area.
I sat down and waited there anxiously. Who was the girl? Was it Tory? If so I had to apologize to her for all of this.
"Josh?" I heard someone say. That wasn't Tory's voice.
I looked up and it was Michelle. She smiled at me and  hugged me.
She sat down across from me and she asked
"How are you?"
"I'm okay. And you?"
"I'm good. I'm 3 weeks clean."
"That's good."
"Not to be rude Michelle but why are you here?"
"I'm here to help you. We've been here before, but this time we're both going to do better."
"Wait I'm confused."
"You're getting out of here tomorrow. I asked them to let you out early. You're still going to see your therapist but you can be home."
This sounded like a recipe for disaster... I could feel it.