Chapter 12:Sunshine

Josh's pov
I just waited at Vinnies house for at least a text from Tory. My anxiety started to kick in and all I could think about was what if something bad happened to her? Bad thoughts were just running through my head.
Ding ding
Tory: Josh I'm fine... don't worry about me. I'll call you soon..
I let out a huge sigh. She was okay. That's all I was hoping for. I felt like all the weight had been lifted off my chest.
Torys pov
My grandma had to go to the store so I got ready and headed there with her.
"I've never told you this Tory but I'm sorry about your mom."
I just gave her a faint smile.
"It's okay. It's no ones fault."  I just looked out the car window and I started to cry. Tears slid down my cheek and I just wiped them off. I hated when people would say things like that, like how could you possibly feel the pain I feel? We got to the store and when we walked in this tall skinny boy greeted my grandma.
"Hey Ms. Ginna. How are you?"
"I'm good Andrew thanks."
"Oh Andrew this is my granddaughter Tory. She's your age you know." She winked at him and he just smiled and rubbed his neck. I knew he was uncomfortable.
He extended his hand and introduced himself.
"I'm Andrew, nice to meet you."
I smiled. "Likewise."
"Okay well um I'll see you later." He walked away awkwardly and I just laughed. He reminded me of josh. They were both just so awkward.
We got our groceries and we headed back home.
"Im heading out to my bingo game, I'll be home soon." She said
"Bingo? Wow that's kinda cliche." I said
"Yeah well guess who wins tons of money at those games." She pointed to herself and I just laughed.
"Okay granny have fun."
She headed out and I just sat there in the living room watching OBX.
Out of no where my phone rang and it was an incoming FaceTime call from josh.
Should I answer it? I thought
I decided to answer it cause what the hell did I have to lose.
"Hey..." I said
"Hey are you okay? Where are you?" He asked all frantic.
"I'm fine don't worry. I'm with some family. Just don't tell my dad or anyone you talked to me."
"I won't I promise."
"Why'd you leave?"
"I just had to get away. I couldn't do it anymore... plus he.. my dad kinda hit me..."
I could see the anger in Josh's eyes. His face started to turn a light red.
"He what?"
"I deserved it. I shouldn't have said anything to him." I said
"No fuck that. He hit you Tory! He shouldn't be doing that."
"I know josh but it's not a big deal."
"You know what I'm coming over there right now. Send me the address."
I wanted josh here more than anything, I couldn't deny him coming over here. I needed someone to support me emotionally. Yeah my grandma was some what of a help but she doesn't understand what I'm going through.
"There I sent it to you." I said
He smiled. "I'll catch the first flight out there tonight babygirl."
My eyes started to water but I just smiled and tried to hide them.
"I'll see you soon." I said
I hung up and I just sat there on the couch thinking, am I really doing this?
Next day early morning
I woke up to a missed call from josh. It was about 5:20 in the morning.
I called him back and he answered right away.
"Hey I'm outside."
"Huh?" I said in my groggy voice.
"I'm outside haha I've been waiting out here for like 30 minutes."
"I'll be down in a second."
I grabbed my slides and went downstairs to open the door. He looked so fucking cute and I looked busted as hell.

 He looked so fucking cute and I looked busted as hell

"Well don't you look pretty." He teased
"Josh stop I barley woke up."
"I'm kidding you look cute."
He hugged me and he said
"I thought you were gone for good."
We went upstairs and I laid down because I was tired. Josh climbed into the bed and he wrapped his arms around my waist. This was perfect. I couldn't ask for anything more.
A few hours later
I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was my grandma just staring at me from across my room. I jumped and I said
"Woah you scared me."
"Uh huh who's this boy in your bed?"
Josh was barley waking up and he said
"Good morning babe."
"Good morning to you too sunshine." Said my grandma.
Josh finally woke up and he looked scared.
He stood up and went to go introduce himself.
"Hi I'm josh. Josh Richards."
My grandma just looked at him up and down.
"Uh huh now what are you doing in my house."
"Granny it's fine. He's the boy I told you about. I need him here. He can't leave he's all I got."
She stayed quiet for a bit and she just sighed.
"Fine I understand what young love is. I'll let this slide but he's coming with me to go pick out a turkey for thanksgiving this year. It's only 2 weeks away and I want to get the best one."
Josh just laughed "yes ma'am."
I was happy this was all going so well. I was so scared things would go south but they didn't.... This was good.