AU REVOIR

∞ postlude ∞

"Happy anniversary to us, mon amour..."

I stared at her figure through the camera she gave me. It's been already months, and I kept watching her video here- The thing that she said she wanted to capture every moment with me. I smirked as I remembered those.

Who am I fooling? Myself, of course.

She just disappeared suddenly, she's not even around her dorm anymore. Her phone number was out of coverage, too. I pursed my lips. She really planned all of those...

"Pasensya na, wala akong maisip na regalo para sa 'yo kaya magsi-speech na lang ako," I mouthed, joining her what she said from the recorder. I shook my head, I fucking memorized it all. "Wala namang masyadong espesyal sa sasabihin ko, pero gusto ko lang malaman mo na mahal na mahal kita, Aurelio ko..."

I closed my eyes when I heard that phrase again. "At sana, manatili tayong matatag sa isa't isa kasi gano'n naman 'yon, 'di ba? 'Yun ang pundasyon ng dalawang taong nasa relasyon, pati na rin 'yung pagmamahal at pagtitiwala."

I shook my head. No, instead of being firm, she only became my weakness. Lavender... What have you done to me?

"Dude, tama na 'yan. Masusunog na atay mo niyan," I just glared at Paul and continued drinking. I just want to be drowned by the liquior.

"Tangina naman, Aurelio. May exam pa tayo!" Kyle shook me up but I just shoved his hands on my shoulders away. "Ganiyan ka na lang ba, ha? Sa tingin mo magugustuhan ni Lavy na mapariwara ka sa pag-iinom?"

I stared unto my drink that I was holding. I scoffed. "Why? I also didn't like the fact that she left," I said bitterly and was about to drank the alcohol when Kyle shoved it away. It created a shattering sound from its glass.

"Tangina, magising ka naman sa katotohanan, Aurelio! Maawa ka sa sarili mo!" From afar, I can see my reflection from the mirror. And then, I realized that they were right. I looked away and closed my eyes tightly as I felt something coming out from my eyes.

"M-mahal ko, e... A-ano'ng... Ano'ng magagawa ko?" 

Fuck it. Why am I so weak when it comes to her?

But then, what if she's already fine? It's a bit unfair to me that I was still in the misery of losing her and my father. After years of building my walls, she climbed it with ease because I let her climb in it. Was I too stupid of doing it?

"P're, may naghahanap daw sa 'yo sa labas sabi no'ng guard," Paul entered my dorm while I was busy fixing the papers on my table. I glared at him when he didn't even knocked.

"Who?" I asked, uninterested.

"Ewan, babae raw, e. Baka si Lavy na 'yon-" I didn't even thinking of finishing his sentence. I strode the way in a fast pace, which I only regretted. There no Lavender's presence...