Chapter 1291 - Chapter 1300

Chapter 1291: Legacy Pearl

"If a corpse puppet won't do, then how about me?" Suddenly, the air above the corpse fluctuated, igniting a ball of black flames. It then condensed into a young palace-robed woman with a cold expression.

As soon as she appeared, she glared at Han Li. When she recognized him to only be a mortal, her mouth curled in disdain and slowly lifted her hand at him.

Han Li's spiritual sense hadn't detected anything, but from the link with the worldly essence Qi from his current cultivations stage, he was able to sense a kind of indescribable danger.

In the instant the woman appeared, he stopped in his tracts and his expression vastly changed.

As soon as the woman pointed her hand at him, Han Li shivered as he sensed all the hair on his body stand straight.

Ever since he entered the path of cultivation, he hadn't sensed such immense danger approaching him until now.

As if out of reflex, Han Li shook his sleeve, tossing out two round objects into his palm. He quickly held them in front of him and wordlessly stared at the woman.

They were two fist-sized balls, one black and one red. Their surface flowed with twinkling light.

"Immortal Vanquishing Beads! And two at that! Who are you!? How do you have those treasures?!" The woman's face vastly changed upon seeing the two beads. The thread of black flame that rose from her bracelet abruptly disappeared and she shouted out with furious alarm.

When Han Li saw the woman recognize the beads and reacted with fear at the sight of them, he felt a wave of relief.

"Hehe, it's good that you recognize them," he said with a calm tone, despite the cold sweat that lined his body, fearing the woman's cultivation was far beyond what he expected. If the Immortal Vanquishing Beads didn't threaten her, he would be completely out of luck. But even in this case, he was still inwardly cursing.

He believed he would only be dealing with meager demon beast soul thread controlling a corpse puppet, not a Deity Transformation-level demon cultivator.

Why would such a high-grade demon appear outside inside the human city?

Although the Immortal Vanquishing Beads kept her at bay, the slightest carelessness would mean death for him. As someone previously possessing Deity Transformation cultivation, he understood just how powerful she was.

As the palace-robed woman's expression wavered, she stared at Han Li with a penetrating sword-sharp gaze. She didn't conceal any of her killing intent.

Eventually, the woman imposingly asked, "Do you truly believe that you'll be able to kill me with those Immortal Vanquishing Beads?"

Han Li remained calm, "I might not be able to, but with these two beads, I have a very high chance of gravely injuring you."

"Is that so? But a trifling body refiner like you wouldn't be able to escape the blast from using those beads. Do you plan on killing yourself?" The young woman sneered.

"If I don't use it, I won't be able to protect myself either. I may as well use it." Han Li nonchalantly replied.

Rather than show her anger, the woman smiled and said, "Even so, do you truly believe I wouldn't risk a few injuries to deal with a dog like you?"

Han Li dryly chuckled and narrowed his eyes, "Of course you wouldn't dare. You are in human territories. After you are injured, you won't be able to conceal your demonic Qi. When you flee, you will be pursued by other high-grade cultivators. If I recall correctly, the presence of metamorphosed demon cultivators in human territories is a violation of the agreement. Humans will be able to kill you."