Chapter 686 - Chapter 700

Chapter 686: Secret Meeting

"Thank you for the trouble Marquis. And apologies for the wait!" After a few polite words, Han Li followed Marquis Nanlong inside.

The building's interior was completely bare, to Han Li's shock. But after he swept his spiritual sense through the building, he discovered restriction fluctuations throughout.

The Marquis smiled upon sensing Han Li's actions and said, "This small trick of mine can't be concealed from Fellow Daoist Han of course. Please follow me." He then formed an incantation gesture with his hand and flung a golden mist from his sleeve.

With the appearance of the golden mist, the unremarkable interior flickered with white light, revealing a set of dark stone steps.

Marquis Nanlong wordlessly descended down the stairs. Han Li frowned, but he followed him all the same.

The stairs were rather short. After only a moment, they arrived before a small underground hall.

There were a few moonlight stones that were softly illuminating the room.

The hall had eight cultivators. Six of them were sitting and the other two were a man and woman pair standing together.

When Marquis Nanlong and Han Li walked in, all of them simultaneously glanced at them.

"It's you!" The man that was standing couldn't help but shout in shock at the sight of Han Li's appearance.

A bright glint appeared from Han Li's eyes. His sights fell onto the face of a late Core Formation cultivator. He caught sight of a deeply familiar silver mask. After a moment of shock, Han Li sneered.

That man was the young master of the Ghost Spirit Sect, Wang Chan, who had pursued him in the past [1]. He had the same silver mask, but the youthful rage contained in his eyes was replaced with an varied arrangement of emotions.

"I didn't expect that I'd see an old friend here. What a surprise!"

"How is this possible? You... You condensed a Nascent Soul?" The Ghost Spirit Sect's young master voice was hoarser than from his youth, but the terror in his voice was unmistakable.

The black-robed, middle-aged scholar sitting in front of him coldly asked, "What the matter? You recognize this Fellow Daoist?"

"Second Uncle, this person is the Yellow Maple Cultivator surnamed Han. During that year, he..."

The middle-aged scholar revealed a trace of shock, but he frowned and decisively said, "There is no need to speak of it. Fellow Daoist Han is already a Nascent Sou cultivator. He won't bring himself down to a junior's level."

He then gently smiled at Han Li and amiably said, "I am the Ghost Spirit Sect Master Wang Tiangu. My nephew had an overexaggerated opinion of his own abilities in the past and had committed many offenses, but I hope Fellow Daoist Han will overlook these matters for my sake."

"Those matters with Fellow Daoist Wang is merely a matter of the past. With so many years gone by, how could I still bear a grudge? Your esteemed self need not worry!"

Han Li glanced at the black-robed man and smiled as if he truly planned to let bygones be bygones. However, Han Li inwardly sneered. The Ghost Spirit Sect's young master had nearly taken his life two times, forcing him to take the risk of leaving the Heavenly South. How could such hatred be easily resolved?

Were it not for the many Nascent Soul cultivators present, and the Ghost Spirit Sect Master in particular, he would've immediately taken Wang Chan's life. For now, all he could do was examine the others and see whether or not they were Devil Dao cultivators. If he didn't keep his grudge in check, it was possible that he would be surrounded.