Chapter 871 - Chapter 885

Chapter 871: Refinement

"Grand elder?" When Han Li heard him, he was dumbstruck.

"That's right," Senior Martial Brother Cheng said with a beaming smile. "I won't hide this from Junior Martial Brother Han. When you were only at early Nascent Soul stage, I had thought to appoint Junior Martial Brother Lu as grand elder and have you support him. But now that you've entered mid-Nascent Soul stage and displayed such grand abilities, winning over much prestige for the sect, the title of grand elder rightfully belongs to you. Junior Martial Brother Lu has no complaints with this as the title should be bestowed to the strongest cultivator in the sect."

After a moment of silence, Han Li replied, "Many thanks for Senior Martial Brother's kind intentions, but I cannot accept the role of grand elder."

"Junior Martial Brother Han doesn't need to be so modest." Lu Luo wryly chuckled and said, "You've already assumed the role in everything but name. You can't think of having me, an early Nascent Soul cultivator, be the grand elder of the number one sect in the State of Xi."

"It's not that I'm refusing out of modesty. I am simply unwilling to hold that title. Senior martial brothers should know that I am a cultivator who is wholeheartedly dedicated to the path of cultivation. For me, the less things to distract me from cultivation, the better. With that in mind, how could I serve as the head of the sect? In the future I will be in secluded cultivation for long periods of time and will be too preoccupied to lead the sect. And the most important point is that I only joined the sect recently. Let alone the low-grade disciples, but I find the Core Formation martial nephews to be completely unfamiliar. I am completely lacking in this regard. I will be fine as an common elder, but the position of grand elder should belong to Senior Martial Brother Lu!"

"But Junior Martial Brother Han..." Senior Martial Brother Cheng frowned and thought to continue when Han Li suddenly interrupted him.

With a stern expression, he gravely declared, "If you pursue this matter any further, you will force me to leave the Drifting Cloud Sect."

Senior Martial Brother Cheng exchanged a glance of dismay with Lu Luo at Han Li's unwavering rejection and loss of courtesy. He then said, "Very well, since Brother Han have said this, we'll save this topic for another time."

Han Li's expression calmed and he slowly said, "Although I will not accept the title of grand elder, I will still look after the sect under the position as a sect elder. If nothing unexpected happens, I will be sure to strive my hardest to have the sect continue to thrive for the next thousand years."

Senior Martial Brother Cheng could only wryly chuckle and change the topic to what Master Sunreach wished to talk about with Han Li.

Han Li didn't conceal this from him and gave a brief summary on what he said. At the end, he said, "From Master Sunreach's words, there seems to be a relationship with the Seven Spirit Islands and the huge whirlpool. Since they're neighboring the State of Xi, have you heard anything exceptionally strange?"

"Exceptionally strange? Not at all. The current rumors floating around are mostly be true. When the huge whirlpool and the Seven Spirit Islands emerged, we dispatched a group of disciples to personally investigate as they were close to Dreamcloud Mountains and we found that it didn't differ much from the rumors."

Han Li sighed and said, "Since that's the case, it seems I won't find out until I go meet them. I hope it is as Master Sunreach had said. With the support of the Divine Devilbane Lightning, there shouldn't be any danger."