Chapter 961 - Chapter 975

Chapter 961: Martial Nephew Li

The Old Man Wen looked at Han Li and his cheek twitched. Then with a hurried salute, he said, "Senior had said that there is an expert visiting our sect, but I didn't expect that it would be a Nascent Soul cultivator! It was truly disrespectful of me to not personally welcome you."

When Yue Zhen heard Old Man Wen, he was greatly shocked. With the last traces of doubt in his mind disappeared, he looked at Han Li with awe. Nascent Soul cultivators were an unapproachable existence to the current Heavenly Talisman Sect.

"I was entrusted with something and I'm here to deliver it. There is no need to be reserved," Han Li then paused before continuing, "This item has been entrusted to me for some time and since I've found myself in the Huayuan Province, I thought I'd take the opportunity to return it. However, it was mentioned that I was only to give this item to the sect master."

With that said, he slapped his storage pouch and placed a square bone case onto the table.

Old Man Wen was alarmed to hear this and tactfully said, "Martial Nephew Yue, you heard him. Why don't you go ahead and look at the item he's brought?"

"Yes, Martial Uncle." Yue Zhen respectfully replied. Then, he took the bone case into his hands and curiously opened it, revealing several pieces of bone with tiny characters carved into them. He picked up a piece and asked, "What's this?

Han Li simply smiled as he waited.

Then after Yue Zhen looked through them, he excitedly shouted, "The Spirit Subjugation Talisman! This is the refinement method for the Spirit Subjugation Talisman! The writing belongs to Martial Senior Yun!"

"Senior Martial Brother Yun? Are you sure?" Old Man Wen's expression turned solemn.

"Completely," Yue Zhen instantly replied, "The sect master's study is filled with personal writings of Martial Senior Yun. How could I be mistaken?"

The other two cultivators in the room wore an expression of shock.

Han Li indifferently added, "That's right, this is something that Fellow Daoist Yun had given to me. The Spirit Subjugation Talisman should be one of your sect's three secret talismans."

"Of course, but when did you see Senior Martial Brother Yun? Before I condensed a golden core, Senior Martial Brother had disappeared when he journeyed overseas. It has been tens of years since we've last heard of him. Is he alright?" Old Man Wen asked with concern.

"He should be fine. But in truth, I only met him by chance decades ago; at the time..." Han Li gave a vague explanation of the ghost mist and the Umbra Realm. Of course, he left out mention of the umbra beast gems and other sensitive matters.

Old Man Wen felt his heart run cold after hearing of this land. "So there was such a dangerous place in this world? That is truly hard to imagine. It is no wonder there would be cultivators that occasionally disappear along the coast... It was due to that ghost mist."

Han Li's eyes stirred and he smiled, saying, "That's right, I had to expend quite a bit of strength in order to escape. The box was something Fellow Daoist Yun had entrusted me to give back to his sect if I had the opportunity. However, I am quite interested in the Dao of Talismans and have done a bit of research on the Spirit Subjugation Talisman. I hope you won't take offense at this."

Old Man Wen said with a respectful expression, "It is already an enormous kindness of Senior to personally return the Spirit Subjugation Talisman to the sect. How could we have such poor judgment over this matter? Although the Spirit Subjugation Talisman is one of our sect's secrets, it would've been lost to us forever if you hadn't returned it. Naturally, we will not take offense."