"Yeah, don't go out like that." Rebecca laughed. "Okay, get dressed, and I'll wait for you downstairs for coffee."

"Coming in a few."

Rebecca left the room, and Vanessa went into the bathroom. She was glad to see several new disposable toothbrushes and toothpaste above the sink. So she managed to get a proper refreshment.

After that, she took one of the clothes and got dressed.

The dress was yellow and made of rugged cotton fabric. It looked like it was in two parts, but they were sewn together. Curls formed from the area below the bust to the hips, and the second fabric forming the dress's lower part came down from below. The length stopped a few fingers above the knee.

Vanessa looked in the mirror.

Typically, in Rebecca's style. She smiled and headed to the living room.

Rebecca had made two coffees and was waiting for Vanessa on the couch.

"The dress suits you, Nessa!"

Vanessa turned in 360 degrees, "Isn't it?" She sat down on the couch right after that. "Do you mind if I lit a cigarette?"

"Of course, I don't mind."

"Becks..." Vanessa was already exhaling the smoke. "Earlier this morning, I spotted Cole with a girl. I think he called her Andrea..."

"Oh, Andrea's here?"

"Is she his girlfriend?"

"Oh, no, no, no," Rebecca said in a tone that showed how ridiculous this sounded to her. "They have some weird relationship, but they're not a couple. Even though she's been in love with him for many years. Sometimes I even feel sorry for her. Otherwise, she's not a bad girl."

"Why do you feel sorry for her?"

"Well, I don't understand such relationships in general. I'm not blaming Cole. He's made it clear that he doesn't want anything serious with her. But she keeps running after his ass every time he calls her for... You know."

"I don't see anything wrong with such relationships. You have no obligations, no commitments. You just have a good time in bed."

"Did I tell you how much you look like Cole sometimes?"

"Yes, several times."

The girls giggled, though, at that moment, Cole appeared before Vanessa's eyes with Andrea by his side. That infuriated her even though she couldn't understand why.

"Anyway." Vanessa decided to change the subject. "I could pack my luggage after work and move it here, maybe tomorrow?"

"That's going to be great. Get everything ready, and I'll send someone to pick it up."

"Thanks, Becks." Vanessa looked at her watch." It's time to go to work.

"You can use Mom's car. It's in the garage."

"Oh, thank you. See you soon, Becks."

"Have a nice day, Nessa."

As Rebecca had suggested, Vanessa got into Kristen's car and was soon in the office. Shortly after the workday began, the interviews for a new secretary started too.

Many candidates were waiting in the lobby.

Vanessa invited the girls one by one and interviewed them in depth.

Several hours passed, but she had not yet chosen anyone.

"Good afternoon," the next girl who entered the office greeted Vanessa.