I really hated my brain sometimes.

I crawled my way into the shower, stripping and then turning the water on. I didn't even care that it was cold at first, I just wanted to feel clean again. After half an hour in the shower, I was able to stumble back to the bed, and collapse atop it. There was little point in going back to sleep now, I would have been up in another hour to head to the airport anyway. I just ended up packing all my stuff up and checking out of the hotel.

I made a Lyft reservation, and went to the airport, figuring it would be better to just be there early in case I fell asleep. Luckily, they had a Starbucks, and as much as I hated their overpriced coffee, today I needed it. I had checked my bags, there was no way I was carrying that anymore with my ribs, and I didn't want to deal with anything but sleep on the flight.

Once we landed at LAX, Miki was waiting for me at baggage claim, and I had to back away from her with my hands up as she moved in for a hug. "Sorry! Had a small mishap!" I lifted my shirt a little so she could see the bruising on my ribs. "Broke a few ribs on a rough landing."

"Shit! How the hell did you do that?" she exclaimed while looking closer at the damage.

"I may have had a close encounter with a rock in a canyon," I admitted.

"Are you going to be alright to go to the show tomorrow?" she wondered.

I nodded rapidly. "Oh yeah, I have to go. I've been waiting for this for too long. I need to talk to Trish. I need to find out what happened."

"And then what?"

I shook my head at that. I had no good answer, because a lot of that had to do with what I learned. Part of me wanted there to be no good answer so I could get right on a plane to Ava. Another part of me wanted to forgive Trish if there was a valid reason, and hoped that she forgave me for whatever I had done to drive her away. "I guess I can't answer that yet. Let's find out what the night brings us. After that I will have to come up with an answer and a plan."

"Well, let's get you home and then you can sleep. You look worn out," Miki commented. She grabbed my bag when I pointed to it on the conveyor belt, and then we headed to her car.

Traffic being what it was, it was another hour till we got to my condo, and then I was home and gingerly scooping Queen Nefertiti up for some love. She obviously missed me, as she was rubbing her face all over mine while purring. I bet she missed Ava too. I know I did. Does Trish even want a pet? We'd never discussed it, since we were always so busy. I guess I should thank her for leaving, as it led me to my lovely little Titty. "Who's my good girl? I cooed as Miki chuckled.

"I think she needed her mommy. There is a little leftover pizza here, I had it last night, and I can heat that up if you like."

"I had pizza last night, but never kept it down. I think that means I didn't really eat it so I can have it again." I lay prone on the couch, my kitty on my chest and gave her some pets.

Miki turned my oven on and tossed four slices onto a baking sheet and stuck them in to warm up. My body was crying for the food, and I hoped I could keep it down this time! I may have dozed a little, but Miki woke me up when the pizza was ready, and I dug right into it. I could feel energy flowing to my extremities as food started its way along my digestive track. Hopefully I was eating early enough that it would be out of my stomach in the event of any nightmares tonight.

"Thanks Miki, you've been amazing. Hell, I might owe you more collabs, just to pay you back!"

"No way. I mean, sure, if you want to, but don't feel obligated. I owe you and Ava way too much already," she assured me.

"Have your parents been ok with the pet sitting and all that?" I wondered, hoping that I wasn't getting her in trouble.

She snorted in laughter. "Seriously? I showed them the check from TMZ for the agreement on the interview and they almost made me marry you."

"Ha. Get in line! I still have to figure out what I'm doing with Trish and Ava. The last thing I need is to hurt someone else." Please tell me she doesn't have a crush on me!

"Don't worry. I already have a girlfriend. You're safe," she replied shyly.

"Awesome! My gaydar sucks, I wasn't even sure you were into girls. Do I get to meet her, make sure she's good enough for you?" I had to grin to make sure she knew I was kidding. Well, a little. She was like the kid sister I never had, and I'd have to kick someone's ass if they hurt her.

She dropped her head shyly and blushed furiously. "You already know her."

"I do? Who?" Please don't let it be Nat! I couldn't have her dating my ex-teammate!

"Well, I haven't aired it yet, but I might have done a review of Liv's tattoo parlor last week, and we really hit it off. I've been seeing her every night since," she admitted.

Liv! Of course! That would be a great couple! I mean, Liv was a little older than me, but still, it would only be like a five year gap and that was fine! "Liv is awesome, I think you made a great choice. I'm glad you two hit it off! If I ever figure my life out, we'll have to go on a double date!"

"Yes! I'll tell her tonight, since I'm headed to her studio. I might have her give me a tattoo if I can decide what I want."

"Then I will stay here and give my queen here her weekly bath. She needs pampering!" I nuzzled my little girl as Miki said her goodbyes. I was very glad that her and Liv had hit it off, and I hoped it worked out for them.

An hour later I was in the tub, a portable shelf suspended over it in front of me with Titty on it while I gently washed her. She needed to be cleaned since she didn't have any hair and she loved the water and washing. I hadn't expected her to love the water so much, and half the bath times we had, I had to worry about her jumping into the tub and accidentally catching me with her claws! It made me feel good, being back with her. I'd scoffed a bit at the idea of an emotional support animal, but I couldn't have been any more wrong.

She made my night.