[8] Welcome to Deerhood- 😦

ep: Paintball deer hunter 

A/N when I use the term "fangirling" it's not in reference to gender or anything it's just the common term y'know. Clearing this up so no one feels invalidated, I am a trans male myself.

"eughh" your groaned and rolled around in your bed, unable to sleep.

Truthfully you had been unable to fall asleep and had just been laying in bed for the last three hours, to your right was Duncan's bed. He was fast asleep and mumbling about something in his sleep, you turned your face into your pillow and groaned some more. You couldn't get his face out of your head, more specifically his excited expression. His usual demeanor was stern and bad boyish but seeing his all happy and excited wasn't so bad either, you thought about how cute he was for a while. 

"Hey loser, what are you still doing up?" You looked up from your pillow to see Duncan looking at you. His tone was sweet and his voice was that of someone who had just woken up.

"Could ask you the same thing."  Duncan sat up and you did as well.

"All your moaning and groaning woke me up." he crossed his arms and sat with his legs criss crossed.

"Sorry." you looked down apologetically then awkwardly chuckled.

"Anything wrong?" You looked up at Duncan who was now looking away with his hand on the back of his neck.

"Oh? Do I since some genuine concern in your voice?" You smirked at Duncan as his expression when from slightly soft to kind of annoyed.

"Hey I was just trying to show some hospitality or whatever." You chuckled at Duncan and he just crossed his arms.

"But seriously, if you need anything I'm here. So i'm not the best with feelings and all but I still wanna try, for you-.. I-I mean since you're my friend and all!" Duncan made hand gestures and awkwardly stumbled over his words while speaking at a back and forth at a pace of fast and slow.

 "Thank you and don't worry about it, I was just having a hard time sleeping." You smiled at him and fidgeted with your fingers.

"Yeah I don't if I can help with that, Oh! What about all the squealing you seemed to be doing into your pillow." Duncan went over to you and sat on your bed beside you.

"OH! I was just uhm, excited about something." You chuckled and looked at Duncan, he was already looking at you which made you even more nervous. Had you really been squealing?

"Sounded like fangirling to me." Duncan went back to his snarky tone and placed his hand on your shoulder. "Someone have a crush?" he raised an eyebrow and was looking into your eyes.

"Yeah, you wish." You rolled you eyes and flicked Duncan on the head.

"Ow! What was that for?" He grumbled and put his hand on his head, you just smirked at him with your arms crossed.

 "No reason, now go to bed!" You grabbed Duncan's arm and slightly pushed him off your bed, he stumbled a bit before re-gaining his balance.

"Okay, rude. And i'm only awake cause of all your moaning and groaning! Duncan laid back down on his bed putting his arms under his pillow. "And you better be going to sleep as well, don't want to risk us losing the challenge cause you're tired or whatever." He closed his eyes and faced the opposite way of you as he slept.

You rolled your eyes and laid down as well, you pulled up your blanket and closed your eyes. Trying your best to actually fall asleep this time.

***

"I hope you're ready for the most challenging challenge yet, breakfast in three minutes at the campfire." Chis spoke on the intercom as you sat on your bed.