1

As this used to be a hush hush topic, but now more seen in the human world I am a werewolf. I have not found my mate and my wolf is dormate all because of peoples' choices and of course not finding my mate. It has been 6 years since I moved away from the most toxic people, but since I have turned a leaf I am forgiving them. Oh and of course the one that was suppose to not be toxic has convinced me she has changed too and to visit her new pack. Yup my mom got remarried and to an alpha. She says he is a great alpha and thats how they meet, but I know she is hiding something within that story. Where is my dad you ask, well he passed away with my mom promising to never marry again since they are mates. And my dad was a great Alpha, but when he did everything soured turning back onto me, my dad's princess. You could say they hated me maybe before he passed away, but afterwards it was clear. I knew most of them hated that I was inherating the pack and that in his last momments was with me not the pack or my mom.

As of now I am sitting waiting for my plane to port. As I am waiting I text my mom an update of my ETA. Then I plug in my phone and resume reading my book by Steffan Kings. Soon my plane arrived and we can board. I wait passionately before finding my seat and buckle up. As soon as the plain takes off I put on my meditation music and take a nap.

Finally after two stop transfers and barely any sleep I have arrived. I grab my bags and head outside texting my mom I have arrived. Just as I sent it I am pulled into a hug and I knew its my mom by the smell of her perfume mixed with her scent. I try not to push away reminding myself we have turned a new page. She then takes my bags and we head to a black Escalade with fully tinted windows. It makes me remember sneaking into my dad's right before he left for the Alphas Confrience.

Flashback

"Sweety I am only going to be gone for two days at max I promise." Dad says tucking me in.

"But daddy you promised."

"Sweety I know, but I can not bring you. You have pup training camp and who will help your mom with the pack while I am gone." Dad says boping my pouty lips.

"I hate pup training camp its not fun."

"You rather sit still in a 8 hour boring meeting?" Dad asks arching his eyebrow.

"Yup as long as I am with you."

"I am sorry princess." Dad says.

I huff before he kisses my head and says good night.

As soon as the sun came uo I got dressed in my nija dress and ran down stairs. I climbed into the back of his Esclade and cover myself with the bags hoping he wont go searching for me. After an hour he gave up knowing he broke a promise to me and thought I was soalking somewhere where he could not find me.

Good thing I used the scent spray where he can not sniff me out.

Just as we got onto the freeway my stomache growls and dad has his driver pull over. As soon as dad opened the back and moved a bag he shooked his head at me in disappointment.

"Lacey what do you think you are doing?" Dad asks helping me out.

"Being my papa's shadow."

"Being cute wont gwt you out of trouble young lady." Dad says.

He only calls me that when he is disapointed in me, which has been only two times.

"Im sorry papa."

I look down knowing the one person, who has always been there for me, I have disappointed them again.

"Now march and climb into your seat." Dad says.

As soon as he got in he nods at the driver and I knew dad is bring me back. And once I got back I got punished by my mom worse than ever before then.

Flashback over

I climb into the car trying to not cry. I do miss him very much and like I promised I got my degree. Soon we head to the pack and my mom starts talking about her new husband.

"Oh sweety I just know you both will get along. He is such a wonderful Alpha and we even have taken in some orphan pack members..." My mom says.

"Mom please we can talk once we get there, but for now can I please listen to my meditation music?"

"Of course dear, but why do you listen to it?" My mom asks.

"It helps with the pain."

That is all I had to say since she knows I have not found my mate yet. And that alone can cause so many things after that long period.

I still do not know how she survived all these years after dad passed away. Since when one mate passes usually the other passes not too long later. Its only rare when they do survive. I a sense when your mate passes away the matebond starts to break away. Its worse than being rejected by your mate.

As we pull up to the pack all the memories starts to come back. All the abuse, all the hatred, all the wishfuls, and finally all the memories I had with my dad. Being back I never thought it would all hit me at once only leaving me to feel the greif again. Soon we get out of the car and two little kids run out of what I used to call home. The run to my mom hugging her legs and she picks them up.

"Lacey this is Anny and Manny. Manny and Anny this is..."

They hide into my mom like thwy are shy so we juat head in.