59| How Could Anyone Say No to Her

Beginne am Anfang

"Okay can we move on." Samuel grumbled as he finally gave his time.

Matteo chuckled and walked to his seat with Victoria wrapped around him.

When he sat down so did Victoria—not like she had a choice because she was seated on his lap.

Victoria moved around until she was comfortable and laid back on Matteo's chest then played with the rings on his fingers.

Before anyone could speak up, Victoria did. "I really like this gold ring on you Matteo."

Matteo looked down from Samuel.

"You want it baby?" He asked. If she wants it, he'll give it.

"No it's yours, I was just mentioning how cute it is." She smiled.

He hummed and looked back up to speak with Samuel.

As Samuel and Matteo continued speaking, Victoria thought back to the guards; guard number one, two and three.

She misses them.

Even guard number three, and that says a lot.

They were actually just at Matteo's house because Victoria demanded them not to follow her everywhere if she isn't going somewhere new.

Matteo—surprisingly—agreed and let her go to Pérez's household without the guards.

Victoria finds the guards as her best friends, she can't wait to speak with them again.

She wants to invite the guards when her and Lorena hang out so they can all meet each other and hang out.

With that thought she fell asleep.

"Yeah these little gangs don't know shit." Samuel seethed.

"I agree, I'm glad he's dead." Matteo smirked.

"You mean all of them are dead." Samuel corrected and downed a glass of scotch.

When he finished the scotch he accidentally smacked it hard on the brown wooden table because he was always used to doing that in places like this.

"Watch it, Samuel, Victoria is sleeping." Matteo said lowly.

Samuel looked down to Victoria and saw her eyes closed meaning she is most likely sleeping.

His gaze softened as he continued staring at her.

In a blink of an eye, Samuel got a flashback of when he was watching his sister sleep when she was a baby.

He blinked again and shook his head, why does he keep getting these flashbacks?

"Yeah, my bad." He said.

"Let's get down to the paperwork to send for the dead bodies, also tell your men to cut his head off and ship it off to the dad." Matteo said with an evil smile.

Two hours later, Matteo and Samuel have finished a ton of paperwork for their mafias and future business.

Victoria was just about to wake up now.

She moved around before opening her eyes and looking up right to Matteo's eyes.

"Buon pomeriggio, amore." Matteo told her and kissed her head.

Victoria didn't answer as she was still taking in where she was.

Silence dropped in the room until Victoria's phone started blaring.

She groaned and took her phone out of her pocket. Once she saw that it was Lorena calling her she jumped out of Matteo's lap. Answering the phone call she held on finger up and left Matteo's office.

Standing in the hallway that is out from Matteo's door, she heard Lorena speak up.

"Hi babe!" Lorena said excitedly.

Victoria grinned, "hey!"

"Okay so, I have thought of the perfect thing we should do to hang out!" Lorena told her.

"Basically what do you think of going on a road trip to Rimini, there is a ton of beaches there and I was thinking we should get a beach house there and stay there for the week." Lorena ended.

Victoria didn't spare a second without squealing.

"That's the best idea ever! But I can only stay a week since I have work to do." Victoria told her.

"Perfect! I'll book the place now and we can leave after tomorrow." Lorena said.

"Wait before that, can I bring three friends along with me? You'll love them!" Victoria asks sheepishly.

"Yes, of course! I'd love to meet your friends." Lorena tells her sincerely.

They ended their calls and Victoria ran inside Matteo's office.

"Guys I'm going on a trip!" She yelled happily.

Matte and Samuel looked at Victoria with questioning gazes.

"So Lorena called me asking if I want to go to Rimini with her and I agreed. I also want to guards to come with me!" Victoria pointedly looked at Matteo.

Matteo looked at her suspiciously, "why?"

"Because they are my friends and I want Lorena to meet them!"

He nods, "come here."

I walk up to him and he wraps his hands around my wrists to pull me down on his lap.

"Should you go?" Matteo joked.

"Yes I am going." She sort of persuaded him with pleading eyes.

How could anyone say no to here, Matteo thought while looking into her eyes.

"No funny business with the guards." Matteo told her knowing he will give the guards a lecture tonight.

"Yeah yeah." Victoria nods.

"We can spend tomorrow together since I'm leaving after tomorrow." Victoria tells Matteo.

"I love third wheeling or whatever it's called." Samuel said grumpily while rolling his eyes.

Victoria laughed and got up. "Don't worry I'll miss you for the week." She said and patted Samuel's head.

"Let's go guys I have work to do, and by work I mean packing to do!" Victoria yelled while going out of the room.

Matteo and Samuel looked at each other and shrugged before going after Victoria, but Matteo didn't forget to lock his office.

~1310 words