place your head on my beating heart

Start from the beginning

"Yeah...or she could have ran out the door, and I stretched the cuffs on her when she didn't see it coming. It's fine," Ralph said.

But Barry sighed heavily, shaking his head, "Look, I'm doing what's best for you," he said.

"No, you're not. You're doing what's best for you," Ralph said before he walked out of the cortex.

———

Later on, back in the Speed Lab, Caitlin sat behind a desk, taking some antihistamine while Mon-El stood by her, and Cisco paced back and forth in front of them, fiddling with a bouncy ball. "What if we put him on an all-alkaline diet? Full of antioxidants," Cisco asked.

"Nope," Mon said.

"Okay, what if we — oh, what if we make a super shake full of, like, enzymes and- and probiotics?" Cisco asked.

"Neither of those are gonna work long-term, Cisco," Caitlin said.

"Okay, well, we got to come up with something, right?" Cisco said as he walked over by the computer, "I mean, how old is this guy anyway?" And when he saw how old he was, the ball from his hand dropped, bouncing onto the ground, "This guy's old. We have to solve this. Cause I don't know about you, but I actually like my life."

"I know this isn't the easy answer, but I think you have to tell him," Caitlin said.

"Cisky!"

The three tensed up to find Breacher had walked back into the Speed Lab, "Oh, hey...you. We were just talking about you," Cisco said.

"I've tasted all your donuts. Where's my cure?" Breacher asked.

"Well, it's a little, um, it's a little complicated," Cisco said but Breacher growled at him under his breath, "But!" Mon-El and Caitlin stared at him oddly as he grabbed the antihistamine bottle, "You are lucky, because your fix is as simple as taking one of these little pink pills," and he handed the bottle to Breacher.

"Blue," Mon said.

"Blue pills," Cisco muttered, "Right there."

"Anta-hista-mine," Breacher read off the bottle.

"That's right, an antihistamine. See, stamine, that's Latin for stamina. Which you have plenty of, you know. You have so much of it that it's actually hurting you. But this antimatter pill, it's gonna level you right out-" Cisco started but then watched as Breacher took out a pill and swallowed it, "Oh, you're taking it now. He's — He's taking it now."

Breacher grunted a bit before he turned back towards the Ralph cardboard, and shot out his hand. But when nothing blasted out, Cisco blasted out for him. He tensed up when Breacher turned towards him. "Why is my vibe blast different?" He asked.

"I think it's a side effect of the pills. Hasn't been thoroughly researched yet, but you know, there's headaches, nausea...different, uh, color vibes," Cisco explained while nervously scratching the back of his head.

"I'm cured. Thank you," Breacher said before he walked out of the lab.

But when Cisco turned back towards his friends, he received annoyed looks, "You do realize you're just making this worse?" Caitlin asked.

———

In the cortex, Kara and Barry stared at the bus meta board together while Barry had his stern thinking face on. "Nothing on Null so far. Harry's gonna try something else. We'll find her," Kara assured.

"We have to. Even if Ralph does everything in his power to screw it up," Barry said and Kara looked at him.

"Barry, that's not his intention," she said.